Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still Telling People

Yoli

• Members

So our street is not one where all the neighbours know each other. In the next unit there is an elderly Chinese couple and their English is extremely limited (maybe one or two words). Today I passed the lady in the street and she was able to mime out that she was asking about Indy. I had to tell her via Google translation what had happened. Of course I was in tears. She patted my arm a few times and tried to mime out something else but I couldn't work out what she meant. It just friggin sucks no matter what language.

• Members

Yes, it does.  It is beyond language to express how horrible it is.  My husband died just about a week before you lost your partner and it is still extremely painful.  I haven't moved my husband's glasses or wallet from where he kept them on a sideboard and my step-son noticed this.  I think he thinks it strange.  But how can I put his things away?  I can't even accept that it really happened.  That he really died.  How is it possible?

• Members

I still have Indy's stuff all around too. She was such a presence that her absence is like a black hole. 

I can't even say 'died', I always say passed.

• Members

I say "he's gone" but i mean he's travelling...a long interesting amazing journey...!

And when we will meet again i will be so happy that i will forget any question

A dream i like to dream

Archived