Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I need to believe there's life after death

leemaa

• Members

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing great, I found this forum today and I'm thankful, I feel the need to know there are people out there who can imagine what I'm going through, and give me an outsider's point of view, my name is Reema, I live somewhere in the Middle East, and I have lost the love of my life in a car accident August 6th, 2011. (Please excuse my English, it's not my first language)

I'm 26 and he is 38, we've known each other for a while and been attracted but couldn't be together for a few reasons, until February 1st, we were finally able to be together against all odds, we fell madly in love and were inseparable, we got so attached that even on the nights I spent without him we kept Skype open.

I have never met anyone like him, he was too good to be true and I sometimes illogically wonder if that's the reason life took him so early, the following paragraph is a brief description of my angel and us so feel free to skip it.

He had a heart as pure as a child, loved everyone and was kind to everyone, he had such passion for life and such thirst for knowledge, he laughed wholeheartedly and wanted everybody around him to laugh as well, he often said it was his mission to make his country happy, he was so open and honest I would just stare in awe. I think he is the smartest person I have ever met, he shopped for me when I was too busy and he did my work for me when I was sick, he was a great chef he used to make the most amazing pasta, sandwiches, and Sushi! He was so handsome I just wanted to stare but I didn't want to freak him out so I would stare at him at night when he's asleep (sometimes on Skype!), he taught me water-skiing, jet-skiing and driving boats amongst other things so patiently, he wanted to know everything about me and his time was dedicated to me and to his family, he loved a good time and he hosted parties at his house very often and would remember which songs which guest liked and played them on his DJ decks as he was obsessed with music, he was so generous he would get upset when I used the word "your" and would correct me using "our", we spent so many days and nights doing nothing but laying together watching TV without really watching it, playing video games, cooking, cuddling, discussing religion and the universe, and listening to 80's music, our fights were minor and mostly picked by me because I wanted to test how much he really loved me, he impressed me every single time.

We had one huge obstacle, his family is Christian and mine is Muslim, but he somehow managed to convince his family and mine that our love was more important than anything, we had everyone's blessings, and he was the only man I have ever introduced to my father, because he was the only man I ever thought was worth it.

He proposed casually many many times, but told me that I deserved a proper proposal so we were planning our trip to the Maldives and a couple of other countries end of this month.

On August 5th, we went to his friend's house for a BBQ, his bestfriend/cousin and lots of people who loved him were there, we had an amazing time and before we left he thanked the host and he told him it was one of the best days of his life, he was laughing, making jokes and hugging me all the time, at one point he kissed my shoe to show people how much he loves and appreciates me, he was uninhibited and just happy.

We were driving back to his house around midnight to play our favorite video game, in his first car, a very old beamer which he rarely drove but loved dearly, it was over-heating so we asked his cousin to drive behind us just in case it stops, we were playing his favorite music and talking about random stuff but mostly about love and happiness as usual.

There were two big trucks racing, one of which changed lanes and hit us and dragged us through some trees, all the trees were on my angel's side, I don't remember much from the accident I just remember being dragged from between the tree branches and walking to the ambulance, and because I felt I was fine I thought he must have been fine too especially that he had no visible injuries except minor cuts like mine, so I sat next to him in the ambulance and I told everyone in it about our marriage plans and I made jokes and I couldn't wait for him to wake up, at the hospital I refused to call my parents because I didn't want them to worry and I thought he will wake up soon and drive me home and I will tell them all about it.

His family and friends were all there coming and going, I was being treated for my injuries while I waited for him to take me home, they told me he had internal bleeding and it's serious and they're operating on him, but I insisted that I wanted to wait because my mind didn't allow me to think that he might not wake up that night.

Sometime after 1:30AM I decided to call my parents because I didn't want them to worry, they came right away and the doctor took me to a room upstairs, they hooked me to a needle for meds and asked me to stay on my bed.

I kept waiting and sending my parents downstairs to keep me updated, they kept telling me that he was still in the operations room, at one point I kind of knew, because his family and friends stopped checking on me, and my parents and nurses were acting weird, but I didn't insist to know as if I was trying to delay being certain.

I asked my parents to send me anyone from his family to tell me that he is in fact still in the operating room, around 4AM his cousin walked in, he didn't need to say anything.

My angel passed away Saturday, August 6th, 2011 around 2:45AM.

The first two days I don't remember much of, I was medicated and crying continuously, but afterwards something magical happened, perhaps it's only my defense mechanism but I suddenly started believing in life after death.

I have been hearing all those amazing stories about him and I wonder how he managed to stay so humble, he never shared those things with me as he would never brag about anything!!! His aunt's husband described him as "an alien angel" because he was just too kind, he helped the poor in different wonderful ways, The words "one of a kind" and "beautiful soul" are often heard, his funeral is apparently the second largest funeral since some famous religious figure and many royalty figures showed up, his facebook is flooded with statements of disbelief and grief, people who have never even met me are offering support, more than 15 people (this is my modest estimation) are getting a tattoo of his symbol (Eye of Horus) (I want to get mine at the exact same place where he got his, I want it to be identical), a lighthouse is being planned to be built in his honor, his friends are looking into starting a foundation, and an annual party in his name.

I am looking for signs everywhere in everything, I've been talking to him and even though I can't hear him, I think maybe he can hear me, and maybe he will show me that he can someday, I understand how crazy this sounds and I might regret putting those words out here for everyone to see, I told his sister already, she suggested I seek professional therapy, I don't blame her.

I feel calmer now, I feel I have a mission, his mission, which is to make my country a happier place, I don't have his amazing sense of humor or his financial and social resources to help people, but I feel I will find a way.

Am I losing my mind? Do I really need therapy? I feel maybe I can do this without, I feel he is with me somehow and he will guide me through this.

Do you believe in life after death?

Thank you for reading this long post, and please let me know what you really think.

Love,

Reema

• Members

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing great, I found this forum today and I'm thankful, I feel the need to know there are people out there who can imagine what I'm going through, and give me an outsider's point of view, my name is Reema, I live somewhere in the Middle East, and I have lost the love of my life in a car accident August 6th, 2011. (Please excuse my English, it's not my first language)

I'm 26 and he is 38, we've known each other for a while and been attracted but couldn't be together for a few reasons, until February 1st, we were finally able to be together against all odds, we fell madly in love and were inseparable, we got so attached that even on the nights I spent without him we kept Skype open.

I have never met anyone like him, he was too good to be true and I sometimes illogically wonder if that's the reason life took him so early, the following paragraph is a brief description of my angel and us so feel free to skip it.

He had a heart as pure as a child, loved everyone and was kind to everyone, he had such passion for life and such thirst for knowledge, he laughed wholeheartedly and wanted everybody around him to laugh as well, he often said it was his mission to make his country happy, he was so open and honest I would just stare in awe. I think he is the smartest person I have ever met, he shopped for me when I was too busy and he did my work for me when I was sick, he was a great chef he used to make the most amazing pasta, sandwiches, and Sushi! He was so handsome I just wanted to stare but I didn't want to freak him out so I would stare at him at night when he's asleep (sometimes on Skype!), he taught me water-skiing, jet-skiing and driving boats amongst other things so patiently, he wanted to know everything about me and his time was dedicated to me and to his family, he loved a good time and he hosted parties at his house very often and would remember which songs which guest liked and played them on his DJ decks as he was obsessed with music, he was so generous he would get upset when I used the word "your" and would correct me using "our", we spent so many days and nights doing nothing but laying together watching TV without really watching it, playing video games, cooking, cuddling, discussing religion and the universe, and listening to 80's music, our fights were minor and mostly picked by me because I wanted to test how much he really loved me, he impressed me every single time.

We had one huge obstacle, his family is Christian and mine is Muslim, but he somehow managed to convince his family and mine that our love was more important than anything, we had everyone's blessings, and he was the only man I have ever introduced to my father, because he was the only man I ever thought was worth it.

He proposed casually many many times, but told me that I deserved a proper proposal so we were planning our trip to the Maldives and a couple of other countries end of this month.

On August 5th, we went to his friend's house for a BBQ, his bestfriend/cousin and lots of people who loved him were there, we had an amazing time and before we left he thanked the host and he told him it was one of the best days of his life, he was laughing, making jokes and hugging me all the time, at one point he kissed my shoe to show people how much he loves and appreciates me, he was uninhibited and just happy.

We were driving back to his house around midnight to play our favorite video game, in his first car, a very old beamer which he rarely drove but loved dearly, it was over-heating so we asked his cousin to drive behind us just in case it stops, we were playing his favorite music and talking about random stuff but mostly about love and happiness as usual.

There were two big trucks racing, one of which changed lanes and hit us and dragged us through some trees, all the trees were on my angel's side, I don't remember much from the accident I just remember being dragged from between the tree branches and walking to the ambulance, and because I felt I was fine I thought he must have been fine too especially that he had no visible injuries except minor cuts like mine, so I sat next to him in the ambulance and I told everyone in it about our marriage plans and I made jokes and I couldn't wait for him to wake up, at the hospital I refused to call my parents because I didn't want them to worry and I thought he will wake up soon and drive me home and I will tell them all about it.

His family and friends were all there coming and going, I was being treated for my injuries while I waited for him to take me home, they told me he had internal bleeding and it's serious and they're operating on him, but I insisted that I wanted to wait because my mind didn't allow me to think that he might not wake up that night.

Sometime after 1:30AM I decided to call my parents because I didn't want them to worry, they came right away and the doctor took me to a room upstairs, they hooked me to a needle for meds and asked me to stay on my bed.

I kept waiting and sending my parents downstairs to keep me updated, they kept telling me that he was still in the operations room, at one point I kind of knew, because his family and friends stopped checking on me, and my parents and nurses were acting weird, but I didn't insist to know as if I was trying to delay being certain.

I asked my parents to send me anyone from his family to tell me that he is in fact still in the operating room, around 4AM his cousin walked in, he didn't need to say anything.

My angel passed away Saturday, August 6th, 2011 around 2:45AM.

The first two days I don't remember much of, I was medicated and crying continuously, but afterwards something magical happened, perhaps it's only my defense mechanism but I suddenly started believing in life after death.

I have been hearing all those amazing stories about him and I wonder how he managed to stay so humble, he never shared those things with me as he would never brag about anything!!! His aunt's husband described him as "an alien angel" because he was just too kind, he helped the poor in different wonderful ways, The words "one of a kind" and "beautiful soul" are often heard, his funeral is apparently the second largest funeral since some famous religious figure and many royalty figures showed up, his facebook is flooded with statements of disbelief and grief, people who have never even met me are offering support, more than 15 people (this is my modest estimation) are getting a tattoo of his symbol (Eye of Horus) (I want to get mine at the exact same place where he got his, I want it to be identical), a lighthouse is being planned to be built in his honor, his friends are looking into starting a foundation, and an annual party in his name.

I am looking for signs everywhere in everything, I've been talking to him and even though I can't hear him, I think maybe he can hear me, and maybe he will show me that he can someday, I understand how crazy this sounds and I might regret putting those words out here for everyone to see, I told his sister already, she suggested I seek professional therapy, I don't blame her.

I feel calmer now, I feel I have a mission, his mission, which is to make my country a happier place, I don't have his amazing sense of humor or his financial and social resources to help people, but I feel I will find a way.

Am I losing my mind? Do I really need therapy? I feel maybe I can do this without, I feel he is with me somehow and he will guide me through this.

Do you believe in life after death?

Thank you for reading this long post, and please let me know what you really think.

Love,

Reema

Reema,

I am so sorry about the loss of your soulmate. He sounds like a truly wonderful man. YES I believe in life after death. I believe that God has a plan for us all, and that God is in control. I have comfort knowing my loved ones are safe with Him.

You do not need therapy for losing your mind--you haven't lost your mind. To carry on his mission, to make your country a happier place, is certainly an honorable way to remember your fiance. You sound strong and brave.

ModKonnie

• Members

Reema,

I just lost my husband July 20th of this year. I lost my oldest son 4 years ago. So very hard to lose people you love. I am so sorry for your loss. Yours is an area of the world were beliefs about God can really divide people. I want to tell you that I am a Christian and do believe in eternal life after death. I believe that if your angel truly believed that Jesus died for him and accepted Him as his Lord that your dear loved one is in Heaven right now enjoying eternity with Jesus. I know my dear son Joshua is there and my husband. Also my mother and sister are there. I would love to join them but I still have children and obligations here on earth. Jesus has things for me to do here and He is my Lord and my Savior. I love to live for Him and serve him. I am far from perfect. I have done many things wrong that are offensive to God. I could not go to Heaven on my own...none of us can. The Bible says "all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God." The Bible also says, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be save." Jesus took my punishment by allowing people to kill him when he was perfect and had no sin. He accepted my punishment and was seperated from God for the first time ever in all of eternity. Then he overcame death and rose again on the third day according to the scriptures. Afte I die when I stand before God in judgment, God will see me pure of every sin because Jesus already took my punishment. I don't know if that makes sense but that is the basic foundation for being a Christian. If you would like to know more please let me know. Death is not the end. It is just the beginning. On my son's gravestone it says, "onto his greatest adventure" because my son loved adventure. There is no sadness or tears for him in heaven. He is in God's hands now and perfectly whole and happy. Blessings to you.

Also....I dont know if people who are in Heaven can hear us or not but you aren't crazy talking to him. It is very common after a loved one dies. I try to talk to Jesus instead because I know He can hear me. I tell him to give my son a big hug for me. :)

• Members
elizabethnevares

Im so sorry for your loss sweety, well the bible explains death in (Ecclesiastes 9:5) but you have to follow it up with (John 5: 28,29) they will come alive again in the new system of things spoken of in 2peter 3:13, where God word , the bible mentions ((new heavens and a new earth)) that is soon to come. Those who have died will come out of their memorial tombs and have a second chance at life under peaceful conditions...mentioned in (Revelation 21:4 it says " He will wipe out every tear from their eyes and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore"" these are other beautiful changes that will soon exsist in the new system....(Isaiah 35:6) - (Isaiah 35:5)- (Isaiah 33:24 says " No resident will say I am sick" ..

.. Psalm 72:16 says " There will come to be plenty of grain on the EARTH" ...Jehovah God (Psalms 83:18)) is ending hunger forever... its so important to underatand the bible, the hope for the future is wonderful...paradise restored....there is a small book called.

"What the bible really teaches", it will explain it all ,very clearly. <3 i hope you are well.

..hugs

• Members

Hello Reema.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It seems to me that whatever took our loves knew they were incredible people. I was in Walmart in Florida a few weeks ago when I saw a book that peaked my interest. It's Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages From Heaven. I'm almost done with the book, and I have to say, while it did make me feel better that loved ones had communicated with the living after they had died, I was jealous that I haven't experienced signs like theirs. It did however help me believe that our souls transcend to a different plane.

• Members

Reema, I lost my husband in Feb. 2012 and I felt the same way as you did. I became obsessed with life after death. I would look up stories on the computer about near death experiences, read books about it. I'm a Christian and have always believed that life did go on but when I lost my husband my faith must have been weak. I prayed for a sign from my husband. I received several. Like you, I think sometimes people who I tell about this may think I'm crazy but I don't think I care anymore.

Reema, your story is so beautiful. I think you two must have been so much in love. I'm so sorry your time together was so short. I do believe you also have an angel watching over you now, like me.

• Members

Hi Reema,

Hugs go out to you. I am so sorry for your loss, and I pray for your healing and comfort. I just lost my husband of 30.5 years on July 2nd. A very sudden and un-expected heart attack took his life, a silent diabetic heart attack. When i read your post, I had to share my person experience regarding life after the physical death of our bodies.

Well, my mom always had faith in God, and she taught us to believe in our God. I one day asked her, are you sure there is a heaven, and my mom would smile and say, yes - I am pretty sure, however no one ever came back to tell us about it. lol. Well, her answer was an honest one. My mom was both my parents to me. My father left me and my mom when I was just a couple years old. My mom raised me and my three siblings by herself. I was very close to my mom, loved her dearly. Her life was cut very short by cancer on October 31st, 1996. She was only 60 years old. I was devastated. Here is the part that made me become 100% certain of after life and never doubt it for a second. Around the third day after she passed away, I heard my mom tell me in my mind, "don't worry lamb, there is a heaven". Lamb was a nickname she used for me when I was young, and she would sometimes still call me that as an adult. That message felt so real and so strong, that it blew me away. I told my brother about it the next day, and I can tell he really didn't believe me, but he listened. But a few hours later, my oldest brother called me. He said that my other brother just told him what happened to me. My oldest brother wanted to hear more about it because the same night, around the same time, my mom also spoke to my sister in law - my oldest brothers wife. The message that my sister in law got was that Mom is ok and she is happy, and all is ok. Now how spooky is that. THAT is clearly my mom reaching out to tell us all is ok. After that point, I never ever doubted after life, and I don't care if no one believes me or not, because it happened and it was very real. I was not thinking about my mom at the moment or anything.

Well, as far as my husband is concerned, he and I were inseparably close. My husband reached out to me in many different ways and several times. I feel that my husband came and got me the day he died. I was talking to my daughter on the phone, and I felt a sudden need to go check on my husband. I told my daughter that he had not been feeling right in his digestive system, and I wanted to go check on him. I never go check on him, I usually call him on our intercom on our phone, or talk to him from down stairs. That is when I went upstairs to find him, passed away.

After I tried to revive him with CPR, and called 911 - cops arrived and emt's came. They needed the room to look at him, so I got out of their way and went downstairs. I called me daughter on the phone to tell her what just happened. I heard my husband in my mind tell me, "I love you honey". It was so clear and so real. My daughter also told me that she heard him say I love you Kimberly.

Well, both my daughter and I sensed my husband around in the next several days. I had a strange tingle sensation in the back of my left leg, part way in my thigh and part in the back of my calf. I thought the feeling was due to my sciatic nerve pain that I get in my feet, never had a tingle in my leg. But if I do get any strange sensations like that, it is normally cleared by walk around. The odd tingle in my left left was not rectified by walking, and it came and went on its own. After my husbands funeral, the odd leg tingle stopped. I think I felt it once more since his funeral.

I also touched his suit jacket in the casket at the wake, and stroked his hair. I heard him go hhhhmmmmmm as I touched him, in my minds ear. I know that was not me and was not imagining things. My husband and I held hands often, stroked each other and we loved each others touch. There is no question in my mind that he was around me a lot in the days after his death and up to his funeral. Also, sitting outside one night before his funeral, I felt a pocket of air that was both warm and cool, not cold and hot, but warm and cool - and somehow I just knew that was him, he was around.

There is no question, that life after our physical body death - continues. No question. My advice to you is, keep your soul open, to hear messages from your husband. It may come in any form. Sometimes it might be through a song or in music.

I have another very cool thing to share that is moving, The last few years of my husbands life, he listened to a radio station in the car, star 99.1 fm. They play contemporary christian music. While he was alive, there were songs I liked on the station, but I found some of it repetitious. What is so strange, is that after he passed away, I find I crave that radio station and I love the music. And one day drive, by myself, missing him, a song came on the radio that I have never heard before, and I feel that the song was a gift from our God and my husband, to me. Listen to this song, it is beautiful. Enjoy, I hope it gives you hope, and strengthen your faith, as it did for me.

And this song felt very fitting to me as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMbZF5nkdss

• Members

Reema,

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Yes I believe in life after death and yes, i believe our loved ones stay connected to us and communicate in subtle ways. I don't think you are losing your mind. (If you are, then so am I) I truly and firmly believe that our spirit is eternal and lives on in a wonderful place beyond this life that we know. Your loved one is not only fine, I believe that he's in a beautiful and loving place.

I lost my 18 year old son 2 months ago in a car accident. Since then I have also seen signs of his continued presence and I feel him to be still around. Shortly after the accident, my husband heard our son's voice in his dreams saying "Dad, I'm OK. I'm all right". Our son's friends have reported having vivid dreams of being with him, and that upon awakening, feel as though they have "hung out" with him again. I think he really IS visting his friends - and doing what a teenager does.

There are many people who believe as we do. You aren't alone.

Archived