Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my Daddy

beth9206

• Members

I just lost my Dad 3 days ago,on August 9th.What is weird is that it would have been my Grandma's (his Mom's) 99th birthday,so the way I look at it is he wanted to say Happy Birthday to her in person.It still hurts knowing that I am never going to see him again.My Mom and I were expecting it,as he had been sick for awhile,but not so suddenly.I was already grieving for my older brother Mark,who passed away in 2004,and now I have to grieve my Dad as well.I know it's a part of life;I just thought I'd never see the day when I would have to bury one of my parents.I would like to talk to others who have also lost a parent.

• Members

I just lost my Dad 3 days ago,on August 9th.What is weird is that it would have been my Grandma's (his Mom's) 99th birthday,so the way I look at it is he wanted to say Happy Birthday to her in person.It still hurts knowing that I am never going to see him again.My Mom and I were expecting it,as he had been sick for awhile,but not so suddenly.I was already grieving for my older brother Mark,who passed away in 2004,and now I have to grieve my Dad as well.I know it's a part of life;I just thought I'd never see the day when I would have to bury one of my parents.I would like to talk to others who have also lost a parent.

Beth,

I have lost both my brother and my father. It will be two years August 21 for my father. I miss him ferociously, but I know he is happy with my brother. It is freaky and unrealistic that I actually had to bury my father. I honestly never thought it would happen, either. I kept pushing it into the back of my head as one day.... My father was ill, too, so we expected it, but still--when it happened, it was horrible. I can relate to what you are experiencing if you want to talk about it.

ModKonnie

• Members
laurenvibezz

HEY! I called my Dad "Daddy" too (:

Anyways, I lost him and he was my parent. So I'm here to talk to you about it.

I never thought I'd have to go through the loss of my father at age 17. I'm 18 now. It's only been a year and 2 months but I still feel numb.

I can't 'go there' yet. Like in writing about him. My mind just goes blank as if it's shutting off the pain.

It hurts. He violently died to a cop shooting him 3 times.

• Members

Beth,

I have lost both my brother and my father. It will be two years August 21 for my father. I miss him ferociously, but I know he is happy with my brother. It is freaky and unrealistic that I actually had to bury my father. I honestly never thought it would happen, either. I kept pushing it into the back of my head as one day.... My father was ill, too, so we expected it, but still--when it happened, it was horrible. I can relate to what you are experiencing if you want to talk about it.

ModKonnie

Thanks Konnie.

I did something stupid today.I went to the cemetery and when I saw his fresh grave I lost it.I thought I would be OK but I guess I was wrong.People keep telling me that it will get easier,but right now I just don't see how that is possible.

• Members

HEY! I called my Dad "Daddy" too (:

Anyways, I lost him and he was my parent. So I'm here to talk to you about it.

I never thought I'd have to go through the loss of my father at age 17. I'm 18 now. It's only been a year and 2 months but I still feel numb.

I can't 'go there' yet. Like in writing about him. My mind just goes blank as if it's shutting off the pain.

It hurts. He violently died to a cop shooting him 3 times.

I always called him Dad,but since he passed I have been calling him Daddy.

I just never thought the day would come when I would have to bury one of my parents.You grow up thinking your parents are invinceable and nothing bad could ever happen to them.And when it does it's a shock.

I bought a journal that I am only going to use to write to him when the need arises.I thought I would go visit him today and be OK but as soon as I got there and I saw the fresh grave I lost it.I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was.

I am so sorry we had to start talking under such sad circumstances.Please know I am here if you want to talk.I am considerably older than you but that is not a problem for me.

• Members

i am sorry for your loss.. I am 26 and I did not think I would be preparing a funeral for my dad either.. It had a stroke 2 years ago and last week he had phneomia and could not breathe on his own. We made the decision as a family to take him off everything but I just could not tell the dr's to stop. I was on the phone with my preist and stepped out of the room and he passed away. I did not have to make that decision to take everything away but it was still difficult.

The reality of never seeing him again breaks my heart...

I always called him Dad,but since he passed I have been calling him Daddy.

I just never thought the day would come when I would have to bury one of my parents.You grow up thinking your parents are invinceable and nothing bad could ever happen to them.And when it does it's a shock.

I bought a journal that I am only going to use to write to him when the need arises.I thought I would go visit him today and be OK but as soon as I got there and I saw the fresh grave I lost it.I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought I was.

I am so sorry we had to start talking under such sad circumstances.Please know I am here if you want to talk.I am considerably older than you but that is not a problem for me.

Archived