Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First Christmas without my WTTL

Meloncholy

• Members

This has definitely been the longest day. Several of our family had or were exposed to covid so no family gathering-no grandkids-and most importantly no loving spouse to talk to. I have cried some and reminisced some but mostly just felt nothing—no joy, no involvement-just a big, empty hole in my heart. Prayers for all of us to heal and begin to feel alive again[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Grieving.com

• Members

Dear Meloncholy,

(((hugs))) Christmas is a tough day for so many and I'm sorry it was so hard.

Thank you for your kind wishes for us all. It will take time and but I continue to have hope things will gradually improve.

Please know we are with you.

• Members

Meloncholy,

Christmas Eve day i somehow got through OK. But Christmas Day was awful. Between my grief (it was one month since my girlfriend died suddenly) and COVID, it would be hard to imagine a worse Christmas. My GF's sister was sent a link to a Youtube video of a Willie Nelson song I'd never heard before, but it was like Willie thought of all of us. The chorus goes, "It's not something you get over. It's just something you get through." It's a song about loss and grief, and if I didn't know better I'd think he'd recorded it just for me right now.

Anyway, we're all linked together through cyberspace with our losses and grief. We'll fight together to get through this somehow.

• Members
On 12/27/2020 at 6:34 AM, JohnS said:

My GF's sister was sent a link to a Youtube video of a Willie Nelson song I'd never heard before, but it was like Willie thought of all of us. The chorus goes, "It's not something you get over. It's just something you get through." It's a song about loss and grief, and if I didn't know better I'd think he'd recorded it just for me right now.

Yes, this song! I bought the whole album "Last Man Standing" because of it and it's on replay most days, especially when the waves start. (((hugs)))

Archived