Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My first Post

lil406

• Members

Hello everyone,

I am new to this so I really don't know what I am doing I just know I need to talk to someone before I lose my mind. I am so saddened by the loss of my daughter. I lost a spouse 30 years ago and I really can't remember it hurting this bad, although it probably did and time has softened that blow. I am not sure. I lost my daughter the same way as my first spouse, (who by the way was not her father, I think if it was I would be completely batty right now). I never thought I would say goodbye to her, she was supposed to say goodbye to me. She was my anchor in this world for the longest time until recently when I met and married a wonderful man who she had the pleasure of being a part of my wedding to him just a month before she got her wings. I am soooo grateful I got that last time with her (even if I didn't know it at the time)! But what do I do now? My new hubby is at a total loss as to how to help, he thinks all my issues right now are directed at him. I can tell him til I am blue in the face that I am at a loss myself, I really don't know what to do or say to him to help him understand what I am going through (he has never had any kids of his own and he only met her 2 times over the last year of her sweet life).

Ok so this post is kinda long for first timer so I will stop now. I hope I am in the right place.

Thanks for reading.

• Members

lil406 - I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. It is an absolute nightmare to

lose your child and the fact that your new husband can not grasp the situation, I believe,

is understandable. Until you have first known the joy and beauty of having a child, then

to lose that child, cannot be understood by someone who has not experienced it. I can

only encourage you to come here to pour your heart out. It doesn't matter how long or

short the post, what you say, or how you say it. The people at the Loss of an Adult Child

thread of this website are the most compassionate, loving, understanding people because

they've all been where you find yourself...on this heartbreaking journey of losing a child.

My name is Shelly and my daughter Sarah died last August 18 from leukemia. Her birthday

is Tuesday, the 9th of August and I can tell you that I am melting...my heart is just melting.

I cannot believe she is even gone, let alone almost a year now. Please come and tell us

of your daughter as you are able, and know there is no judgement or ridicule here...just

understanding of what you're going through...because we are all going through it. Prayers

to you and yours. Shelly

• Members

Dear Lil

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. Welcome to our Indigo Family. I lost my only child, Stephen 4 years ago and understand the pain and confusion of which you are faced. I too lost a husband , Stephen's father and the pain was hard but certainly nothing compared to the experience of loosing a child.

As has been suggested, many parents post to the Loss of Adult Child Board so please join us there. I have found that the only people who understand the loss and pain and the inability to function are other parent who have experienced the same loss.

This Board saved my sanity. So please keep coming back and sharing. Post pictures in the gallery and tell us all about your child.

Archived