Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Looking for a buddy

yellowbutterfly020405

• Members
yellowbutterfly020405

4 weeks ago we lost our 6 year old son suddenly and unexpectedly. I am just reeling from the loss. I am desperately looking for someone to talk to who can relate. Would love to talk to someone who lost a child at a similar age. I am also not very religious so looking for someone with similar beliefs. Is there anyone out there? I feel so alone...

• Members

4 weeks ago we lost our 6 year old son suddenly and unexpectedly. I am just reeling from the loss. I am desperately looking for someone to talk to who can relate. Would love to talk to someone who lost a child at a similar age. I am also not very religious so looking for someone with similar beliefs. Is there anyone out there? I feel so alone...

Yellowbutterfly,

There are many many parents here who have lost their children. Most of them post in the "loss of an adult child" forum, even though they have young children. That's just where people decided to meet. You can go there and find many parents who have lost their children suddenly. They, too, are reeling and in utter anguish. Many have learned to move forward and are more than willing to help you along this difficult path. Feel free to go to that thread to post the story of your son. If you'd rather, however, I am sure people will post to you here shortly. In the meantime, just try to move forward one day at a time. Try to keep eating and sleeping and getting out as best as you can. Do what you are comfortable with as far as work and socializing. It is okay to cry your heart out often, and it is okay if you don't. We all grieve differently.

We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

yellow butterfly

i am new to this forum also, i waited way too long before i started looking for support. i lost 2 children ages 22 and 16 to different sudden illnesses 4 months apart. although not anywhere near the age of yours, i just wanted to comment and tell you my heart goes out to you. i frequently refer to my life as the life i used to have and the life i have now. its been a little over 2 years. be kind to yourself.

• Members

Lizandadam and yellowbutterfly - I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I believe no matter what the age

our journey is the same...the loss of our precious child. Yellowbutterfly, how unimaginable to lose two

children 4 months apart. My name is Shelly and I lost my 29 year old daughter, Sarah, to leukemia just

shy of 1 year ago. Please know that the people on the Loss of an Adult Child thread, as Modkonnie said,

are the most compassionate, warm, caring people because they know of this journey. My heart goes out

to both of you and I will keep you in my prayers. (By the way, there is no judgement here for your beliefs

whatever they may be!) Have a peaceful night.

Archived