Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I keep getting stuck In the tears...

Mary-2020

• Members

I am struggling with the loss of my father and mother this year - both died within 7 months of each other.  They were older and struggling with the burdens of old age...but I just find myself missing them so much and crying so much.  I’m beginning to wonder if I am going to be able to get myself together and find any resemblance of happiness again.  Covid doesn’t help...I just can’t run over to a friend’s house or be with family who live 4 hours away.  I wonder if all the tears I didn’t shed these past 10 years as my parent’s health failed and life got more difficult for them have finally been released in the overflowing flood.  I don’t know how I can possibly find the bodily fluids for the tears that keep coming.

• Members

So sorry! I know how difficult this is! The pain will always be there! Wishing you some peace!

• Members

Thank you, hoping today will be a bit better than yesterday.

• Members
Nicole-my grief journey

I cried. I still do. Not as often as time has passed. Walking helped me release a lot of emotion and keep it from staying in my body. You have my empathy. It’s excruciating to lose those you love so much. Sending a big hug. 

• Members

I am so sorry. Both your parents in 1 year. I can't imagine. And I understand what you mean with the tears. Sometimes I just start crying out of nowhere. I lost my mother this year. Try to stay strong and know thst they're still around in a way. They're never really gonna leave you. That's what I'm trying to believe 

• Members

I hear this, my mother committed suicide on July 23rd and my father passed from pancreatic cancer on August 28th. I’m sorry you’re in this boat too, it’s a pain I wish wasn’t real. It’s too much, honestly, to lose both so fast...

I have long stretches of days where my eyes stay puffy and I’m on a constant verge of tears, then there are times I’m too numb to feel any of it.

I’ve found keeping busy with repetitive things (sewing, walking, doodling...) help me to not get sucked down into it. (Sometimes, anyway). Also writing about my day...again that’s just sometimes though.

I hope this helps

• Members

Dear Mary,

(((hugs)))) Thinking of you.  Please know its only normal to cry an ocean of tears for your beloved parents. I know I did for my dad. I was so raw and like you said its years of seeing your parents getting older and their health decline. It's very hard and it takes its toll.

We are with you.

Archived