Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Gone But Not Forgotten (Loss Of Father)

Neoshalovesu21

• Members
Neoshalovesu21

Hello,

If u are reading this poll then you have lost your father. I am truly sorry for your loss but know this you are not alone i lost my father when i was 10 and I used to keep all my feelings in and one day i just Bursted Into tears i have learned over the years it is not good to hold your feeling bottled up inside you. So i started this for people who have lost their father and need someone to talk too. I am here for you.........

• Members

I lost my dad June 15th of this year. It has been so, so hard! I know I did everything I could but I still have problems seeing those last images. My 16yr old daughter and I found him.

• Members

I lost my dad June 15th of this year. It has been so, so hard! I know I did everything I could but I still have problems seeing those last images. My 16yr old daughter and I found him.

WifBible2,

I am so sorry about the loss of your father. Please come join us in the Loss of a Parent forum. Feel free to share with us your experience. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

My baby girl is 10 and lost her dad in a motorbike accident it's like a hit and run thing she show no feelings not one tear she keeps it inside her and I can see it is eating her inside but I don't know what to do or say yesterday was he's 40th b-day and we went to his grave but she still keeps it in I need help

• Members

My baby girl is 10 and lost her dad in a motorbike accident it's like a hit and run thing she show no feelings not one tear she keeps it inside her and I can see it is eating her inside but I don't know what to do or say yesterday was he's 40th b-day and we went to his grave but she still keeps it in I need help

Bokkie,

Why don't you ask her how she feels about the loss of her daddy? Perhaps you can get her to draw pictures or write something down? It may help you to understand where she is coming from and where she is at emotionally. Have you told her it is okay to cry and be sad about her daddy dying? She may be trying to be brave.

ModKonnie

• Members

I lost my father on November 8, 2014. He died suddenly and unexpectedly from a massive heart attatck. I live six hours from my parents. I would speak with them both on the phone alot. They would put me on speaker phone and we would just hang out. We would go several months without seeing one another sometimes due to money or work ya know just life..... I keep feeling like my dad isn't really gone and this is just a normal time apart for us. I need help getting myself to start to deal with the fact that my dad is not going to just call me or that he isn't just sitting at home. It has been so difficult to just find time to start to deal with my grief. I am helping my mom move into a new place and just being there. I dont want to cry around her sometimes because I feel like that will make things harder on her. Thanks for any suggestions and help. Thanks for letting me vent. I am so sorry for all of you losses and pain.

• Members
Shelisjenkins

Do step fathers count? Mine was more of a father to me then my biological, and more so then the man that raised me the rest of my life. He died when I was 7 years old of ALS. My poor mother woke up next to him... but he was gone. 

• Members

Yes! Stepfathers count. My grandfather was my step-grandfather, but the only grandfather I knew and loved. He was the best grandpa any child could ever want. I'm sure many of you have stepfathers, mothers, grandparents and aunts and uncles whom you loved and who loved you just because you were you. :)

ModKonnie

Archived