Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New to this

AadensMom10

• Members
AadensMom10

So sad to have join this group. I lost my Dad on February 17, 2011. He was on his way to work early in the morning and went over an embankment and hit a tree. He wasn't going over the speed limit and the paramedic (who also happens to be my husband's aunt) said he was gone before he hit the tree. We'll never know if he died from a heart attack, stroke, etc. I remember that day so clearly it hurts. My husband had gone to college and I was home taking care of our 4 month old son. I hear a car pull up in the driveway then someone coming down the stairs. I thought someone had broke-in and I was gonna have to use the gun on someone. I saw it was him and I could tell something was wrong. He told me he had bad news and that I needed to sit down. I thought maybe something had happened to his grandpa or great-grandpa. He said it's your Dad, he died in a car wreck early this morning. I remember yelling NO, NO, NO repeatedly. My poor son was sitting his bouncy seat; I'm sure it scared him to see his Mommy screaming. I jumped up out of the chair and ran in the bedroom, searching for clothes to put on. All the while I was still screaming NO at him. NO, that wasn't my Dad. NO, they have the wrong person. But sadly, my husband was right. It's been a short 5 months since he's been gone and I feel like people think I should be healed by now. I am having such a hard time dealing with it. I wait until my husband is asleep at night so I can cry. He always asks me what's wrong, but I can never find the right words to say how I'm feeling. He just ends up feeling frustrated that I won't tell him. As much as I wish he could understand what I'm going through, I'm glad he doesn't. What makes me so PISSED OFF is my son was only 4 months old!!! He will never know his G-Daddy. My sister has a 2 year old and was 6 or 7 months pregnant with her 2nd child when he died. It is so unfair to them. It's so unfair to me. I have already had to face my 20th birthday without him, Father's Day without him, Mom & his would-have-been 29 year anniversary, 4th of July. How will I handle my son's 1st birthday in October? How will I face Thanksgiving, Christmas, his birthday in January? This sucks. sucks, Sucks, SUCKS!

• Members

So sad to have join this group. I lost my Dad on February 17, 2011. He was on his way to work early in the morning and went over an embankment and hit a tree. He wasn't going over the speed limit and the paramedic (who also happens to be my husband's aunt) said he was gone before he hit the tree. We'll never know if he died from a heart attack, stroke, etc. I remember that day so clearly it hurts. My husband had gone to college and I was home taking care of our 4 month old son. I hear a car pull up in the driveway then someone coming down the stairs. I thought someone had broke-in and I was gonna have to use the gun on someone. I saw it was him and I could tell something was wrong. He told me he had bad news and that I needed to sit down. I thought maybe something had happened to his grandpa or great-grandpa. He said it's your Dad, he died in a car wreck early this morning. I remember yelling NO, NO, NO repeatedly. My poor son was sitting his bouncy seat; I'm sure it scared him to see his Mommy screaming. I jumped up out of the chair and ran in the bedroom, searching for clothes to put on. All the while I was still screaming NO at him. NO, that wasn't my Dad. NO, they have the wrong person. But sadly, my husband was right. It's been a short 5 months since he's been gone and I feel like people think I should be healed by now. I am having such a hard time dealing with it. I wait until my husband is asleep at night so I can cry. He always asks me what's wrong, but I can never find the right words to say how I'm feeling. He just ends up feeling frustrated that I won't tell him. As much as I wish he could understand what I'm going through, I'm glad he doesn't. What makes me so PISSED OFF is my son was only 4 months old!!! He will never know his G-Daddy. My sister has a 2 year old and was 6 or 7 months pregnant with her 2nd child when he died. It is so unfair to them. It's so unfair to me. I have already had to face my 20th birthday without him, Father's Day without him, Mom & his would-have-been 29 year anniversary, 4th of July. How will I handle my son's 1st birthday in October? How will I face Thanksgiving, Christmas, his birthday in January? This sucks. sucks, Sucks, SUCKS!

I am sorry about the loss of your father. There is no easy way or quick remedy to take away the pain, but eventually the severe pain will lessen. Life seems so unfair at times, doesn't it? But that's what it is, and we can't change what has happened.

When my father died, the first few months I was numb and somewhat relieved (he suffered a long and agonizing process of dying). Then reality hit and so did the pain. That will soon become more manageable. You can keep the memory of your father alive by talking about him to your children, keeping pictures on hand, writing tribute or online memorial or many other ways.

I know this is hard, but keep moving forward. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

So sorry for your loss. I lost my father in April and the holidays are certainly not easy. My son is 6 years old and I have been able to hold it together so that he is excited and has fun on special occasions, but usually have a good cry after he's in bed. He's also seen me tearful at times, and I think it has been good for him to see that I do miss and love my dad. Hang in there. Things do seem to get easier with time. Lean on those you love and feel free to post here as often as you like. It really does seem to help. Wishing you peace.

Summer

I am sorry about the loss of your father. There is no easy way or quick remedy to take away the pain, but eventually the severe pain will lessen. Life seems so unfair at times, doesn't it? But that's what it is, and we can't change what has happened.

When my father died, the first few months I was numb and somewhat relieved (he suffered a long and agonizing process of dying). Then reality hit and so did the pain. That will soon become more manageable. You can keep the memory of your father alive by talking about him to your children, keeping pictures on hand, writing tribute or online memorial or many other ways.

I know this is hard, but keep moving forward. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I lost my father May 13, 2011... i still feel like it was yesterday. my dad was my best friend i loved him more then the world. he was my guiding hand in life he taught me everything. when i was growing up i lived with my dad i choose to be with him most the time. he was an amazing man. i honestly cant say i feel any better and its been almost 3 months. its still fresh i keep waiting for the day when i will feel better about the whole situation. i think it doesnt get better we just grow numb to it. im so sorry for you to be going through this. i believe no one else knows the pain we feel until they loose a father too. i feel like i can relate to you because i cry at night whenever no one is around. i cry when i hear his song on the radio. keep your head up and know that your not alone in this. we are all grieving too :(

• Members

I lost my father May 13, 2011... i still feel like it was yesterday. my dad was my best friend i loved him more then the world. he was my guiding hand in life he taught me everything. when i was growing up i lived with my dad i choose to be with him most the time. he was an amazing man. i honestly cant say i feel any better and its been almost 3 months. its still fresh i keep waiting for the day when i will feel better about the whole situation. i think it doesnt get better we just grow numb to it. im so sorry for you to be going through this. i believe no one else knows the pain we feel until they loose a father too. i feel like i can relate to you because i cry at night whenever no one is around. i cry when i hear his song on the radio. keep your head up and know that your not alone in this. we are all grieving too :(

MBurke,

I am sorry about the loss of your father. Is that a picture of you and him? It is precious. It will be two years on August 21 since my father died. The anniversary has been hard for me both years. I loved my dad; he was a great father and a good, good man. You will move forward and the pain will lessen. The numbness will pass, too. Eventually, there will be a mix of sadness, fondness, love, and happiness (for knowing him and remembering the good times). It's okay to cry, too. And you are right, we are all in this together. We care.

ModKonnie

Archived