Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hello from East Texas

monette922

• Members

:) Hello There! Just call me "Memaw" like my 13 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren do. I have been a "silent" member here since March 2008. I've had a hard time getting my profile to show up. It keeps disappearing on me so I decided to go ahead and post.

First, I'd like to extend my sincere sympathy to each of you in the loss of your child. I've "been there, done that" many years ago. I had twin sons and they were both born totally helpless with no muscle control. It's called Fragile X Syndrome and it affected my brother Richard, my twins Roger and Russ, my nephew Jason, and my twin grandson Andrew. They are all deceased now.

My mother died of heart problems 3 weeks before her 59th birthday. I was 39. I married Eddie a week before Christmas 1955. After the twins, (they would have been 54 now), I had Cindy age 52, Bonnie age 50, Ed age 48, and Fred age 46. My wonderful Dad died of cancer on April 15, 2003 and my husband also died with cancer exactly 2 months later on Father's Day morning, June 15, 2003. I think I should have stock in the funeral home by now, don't you? That's not to mention aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who have died.

I've been a member of The Compassionate Friends since the early 1980's and for the past 12-13 years, I've been doing grief support online, in my own group, Christians Caring and Sharing, working with people all over the world. If I can help you, just give me a holler.

Love and Sympathy,

Memaw

• Members

:) Hello There! Just call me "Memaw" like my 13 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren do. I have been a "silent" member here since March 2008. I've had a hard time getting my profile to show up. It keeps disappearing on me so I decided to go ahead and post.

First, I'd like to extend my sincere sympathy to each of you in the loss of your child. I've "been there, done that" many years ago. I had twin sons and they were both born totally helpless with no muscle control. It's called Fragile X Syndrome and it affected my brother Richard, my twins Roger and Russ, my nephew Jason, and my twin grandson Andrew. They are all deceased now.

My mother died of heart problems 3 weeks before her 59th birthday. I was 39. I married Eddie a week before Christmas 1955. After the twins, (they would have been 54 now), I had Cindy age 52, Bonnie age 50, Ed age 48, and Fred age 46. My wonderful Dad died of cancer on April 15, 2003 and my husband also died with cancer exactly 2 months later on Father's Day morning, June 15, 2003. I think I should have stock in the funeral home by now, don't you? That's not to mention aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who have died.

I've been a member of The Compassionate Friends since the early 1980's and for the past 12-13 years, I've been doing grief support online, in my own group, Christians Caring and Sharing, working with people all over the world. If I can help you, just give me a holler.

Love and Sympathy,

Memaw

Hi Memaw,

I didn't see this post or I would have replied to you much sooner. You sound like you certainly have "been there, done that," when it comes to the grieving/healing journey. I am sorry you have experienced such loss, but you obviously realize that death is a part of life we may not like, but we have to deal with. We hope to see you posting more often and hope you will share your advice and support with other members. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Memaw,

I didn't see this post or I would have replied to you much sooner. You sound like you certainly have "been there, done that," when it comes to the grieving/healing journey. I am sorry you have experienced such loss, but you obviously realize that death is a part of life we may not like, but we have to deal with. We hope to see you posting more often and hope you will share your advice and support with other members. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

Hello ModKonnie,

Thank you for your kind welcome and expression of sympathy. I too am very sorry to learn that you lost your brother and your dad. You are doing a good job here and we all thank you for that. :) You have a talent for writing and replying on the board. I do better in chatting.

I do have 2 things I'd like to ask you about. One, I like to share inspirational stories and poems. Is there a certain place here to post those? Also, I've noticed the chat room always seems to be empty. I love to chat and would be glad to help keep it open, if there is an interest. Perhaps some others might like to join me? What days, nights, and hours would be preferable? I am a night owl so I'm available anytime day or night, except only after 10 pm on Monday nights. I also have Windows Live (MSN), AIM (AOL), and Yahoo messengers, which is my favorite. Just email me from my profile and I'll add you. Thanks so much.

(((Hugs)))

Memaw

Archived