Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my baby Emilia

raren30

• Members

Hi I recently lost my baby, I was 21 weeks pregnant and developed an infection and my labour was induced.

The first 3 months went great a little nausea but other than that it was good. We had our first scare at 12 weeks when I went to see my doctor for our first prenatal she saw something weird on my cervix. So she sent me right away to get an ultrasound to make sure baby was ok. Thank goodness baby was just fine her heart beat was 160. She also sent me to a gyno to make sure that this weird thing on my cervix was normal he said it was but I was diagnosed with a sensitive cervix and to expect bleeding or spotting during my pregnancy. I then had another ultrasound a month later and that one was to measure the baby. A couple weeks later I started gushing blood. We went to the hospital and stayed over night found out that this was due to the sensitive cervix, had an ultrasound to make sure baby was ok and she was but we found out that I had placenta previa. Couple weeks later I had my normal ultrasound and we found out that not only did I have placenta previa but also placenta abruption. Everything was going good after that we moved into a new place that had no mold growing. July 7th I went to my doctors for a normal prenatal apt and everything was good. Came home and 20 minutes later I had these excrutiating pains all over my stomach it hurt so bad I felt like I was in labour I drank 2 glasses of juice and within twenty minutes the pains just disappeared. Went to bed that night and I had these weird pains on my right side where my hip is. The next day I was still having these pains but they were tolerable. Then after lunch I was freezing cold couldn't get warm so I layed on the couch with two blankets and drank tea. Later that night I got my fiance to take me to the hospital to make sure I was ok. They said it sounded like round ligament pains. Also checked to see if I had a bladder infection they then gave me some tylenol and sent me home. Around 3 am i started having those pains again and they were coming 30 sec apart and I was so cold. I had a long bath to warm up and the pains subsided. Finally went back to sleep at 6am. That day the pains just came and went and so I took tylenol every 5 hours. The next day which was sunday I felt like utter crap the pains were still there and I was still taking tylenol and I noticed I had a bit of a fever. After dinner at 6;30 I stood up and thats when this large amount of fluid gushed. We went straight to the emergency. Found out I had an infection but of what we didn't know. Was admitted. Monday had an ultrasound to see if I had kidney stones kidney infection if there was anything they could see wrong. Everything looked normal except my babys heartbeat was high in the 170's. My doctor came in at 5:15pm and told my fiance and I that our baby had no amniotic fluid and that my infection was not getting any better and that my life was in danger and they had to induce that night. I was so shocked and hurt. They told me that when she is born that she has a very poor survival rate. If she was 24 weeks I would have been sent to BC childrens hospital. My body put myself into labour and my fever was at 38.8 and wasn't getting better. They induced me at 8:30pm and I had my baby Emilia at 1:25am. She lived for half an hour. I was so angry and hurt that when I held my baby they kept telling me to talk to her I didnt know how, I was in so much shock all I could do was hold her and caress her. She was the most perfect little baby Iv'e ever seen. She had the longest fingers from me and she had her dads nose and ears. And her feet were so small and she had my toes. I cried myself to sleep on my fiances chest that night and he held me close. The next day we had this lady who does family pictures for free come in. She did a fantastic job I'm so glad I had them done. Anytime I miss her or want to look at her I can.

Day by day I get a little better but I still cry at least once maybe twice a day. I miss her so much. What hurts the most is I went to the hospital pregnant and came home with nothing not even a baby :( My doctor said I can try again when I have a normal period.

• Members

Dear Emelia21weeks: I am so sorry for the loss of your precious baby. Emelia - what a beautiful name.

The pain you are in must be overwhelming to, like you said, go to the hospital pregnant and not come

home with your child. My heart and prayers go out to you. Please come to the Loss of an Adult Child thread

of this website to chat with kind, loving, compassionate people who will share this heartbreaking journey

of losing a child. My 29 year old daughter, Sarah, died last August 18, 2010 from leukemia. Even though

our situations are different, they are the same: the loss of our precious children. I will be thinking of you.

• Members

P.S. So sorry for the incorrect spelling of your baby's name, Emilia!

• Members

Hi I recently lost my baby, I was 21 weeks pregnant and developed an infection and my labour was induced.

The first 3 months went great a little nausea but other than that it was good. We had our first scare at 12 weeks when I went to see my doctor for our first prenatal she saw something weird on my cervix. So she sent me right away to get an ultrasound to make sure baby was ok. Thank goodness baby was just fine her heart beat was 160. She also sent me to a gyno to make sure that this weird thing on my cervix was normal he said it was but I was diagnosed with a sensitive cervix and to expect bleeding or spotting during my pregnancy. I then had another ultrasound a month later and that one was to measure the baby. A couple weeks later I started gushing blood. We went to the hospital and stayed over night found out that this was due to the sensitive cervix, had an ultrasound to make sure baby was ok and she was but we found out that I had placenta previa. Couple weeks later I had my normal ultrasound and we found out that not only did I have placenta previa but also placenta abruption. Everything was going good after that we moved into a new place that had no mold growing. July 7th I went to my doctors for a normal prenatal apt and everything was good. Came home and 20 minutes later I had these excrutiating pains all over my stomach it hurt so bad I felt like I was in labour I drank 2 glasses of juice and within twenty minutes the pains just disappeared. Went to bed that night and I had these weird pains on my right side where my hip is. The next day I was still having these pains but they were tolerable. Then after lunch I was freezing cold couldn't get warm so I layed on the couch with two blankets and drank tea. Later that night I got my fiance to take me to the hospital to make sure I was ok. They said it sounded like round ligament pains. Also checked to see if I had a bladder infection they then gave me some tylenol and sent me home. Around 3 am i started having those pains again and they were coming 30 sec apart and I was so cold. I had a long bath to warm up and the pains subsided. Finally went back to sleep at 6am. That day the pains just came and went and so I took tylenol every 5 hours. The next day which was sunday I felt like utter crap the pains were still there and I was still taking tylenol and I noticed I had a bit of a fever. After dinner at 6;30 I stood up and thats when this large amount of fluid gushed. We went straight to the emergency. Found out I had an infection but of what we didn't know. Was admitted. Monday had an ultrasound to see if I had kidney stones kidney infection if there was anything they could see wrong. Everything looked normal except my babys heartbeat was high in the 170's. My doctor came in at 5:15pm and told my fiance and I that our baby had no amniotic fluid and that my infection was not getting any better and that my life was in danger and they had to induce that night. I was so shocked and hurt. They told me that when she is born that she has a very poor survival rate. If she was 24 weeks I would have been sent to BC childrens hospital. My body put myself into labour and my fever was at 38.8 and wasn't getting better. They induced me at 8:30pm and I had my baby Emilia at 1:25am. She lived for half an hour. I was so angry and hurt that when I held my baby they kept telling me to talk to her I didnt know how, I was in so much shock all I could do was hold her and caress her. She was the most perfect little baby Iv'e ever seen. She had the longest fingers from me and she had her dads nose and ears. And her feet were so small and she had my toes. I cried myself to sleep on my fiances chest that night and he held me close. The next day we had this lady who does family pictures for free come in. She did a fantastic job I'm so glad I had them done. Anytime I miss her or want to look at her I can.

Day by day I get a little better but I still cry at least once maybe twice a day. I miss her so much. What hurts the most is I went to the hospital pregnant and came home with nothing not even a baby :( My doctor said I can try again when I have a normal period.

Hi,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Emilia. There are many people here who have suffered the loss of their children. They will be able to offer you support and encouragement. I know words cannot describe your anguish, but it may help to talk about your emotional turmoil. We will be here.

ModKonnie

• Members

I am sorry for your loss, unfortunately, I can very well relate...... my fiance and I lost our first baby boy, Ethan James, on April 22, 2011. It was due to a placental abruption. It's still so hard to accept......he came out so perfect and so beautiful!! Sometimes I wonder if life will ever feel normal again. Just wanted to say sorry and you are not alone.

• Members

Hi everyone,

It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I keep thinking what if, what if she waited for a couple of weeks, what if they did try to help her breathe, I have alot of what ifs in my head and I know I can never go back, and thats what hurts the most. I'm going away for 4 days before I have to go back to work. Im going to go to the island and see some family I haven't seen forever one of which has had the same thing happen to her. My fiance and I cant wait to try again but im afraid this is going to happen again. And I dont want to try to soon in case of having a m/c. My oldest daughter who is almost 10 has been so great, every time she sees me crying she has a tissue for me and a hug she is the best. I went to my work yesterday to buy some chain for my hammock and there were some tears shedded and lots of hugs. I cant wiat to go back to work but im afraid of what my customers are going to say, most of them knew I was pregnant. Its going to be hard for awhile. But I should get going night all.

Archived