Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death

dizzydancingway

• Members
dizzydancingway

Its been 3 months since I lost my mom and the initial shock and grief has subsided. The pain has gotten easier to manage.

But I can't stop thinking of death. Has anyone had this reaction? Its like I can't enjoy life knowing I'm going to die. Everytime I have fun, the feeling is tainted by the thought that neither I nor the people I'm with will survive. Nothing comforts me. I've always been hypersensitive to life's brevity, but its magnified since my moms death so that I almost feel life is pointless.

Tell me, has anyone else experienced this after your loss? How did you cope?

• Members

Dear Dizzydancingaway - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I lost my beloved mom three

years ago...your mom only three months ago. Since my mom died, my 29 year old daughter died from

leukemia. I can say that I wish my time would come sooner than later so I can be with my daughter, but

we have a younger daughter who is 27, so I would not want to leave her alone. She is married and soon

wants to start a family but without her older sister who was her very best friend, I just feel she still needs

her mom and dad. I understand how at this point in time you would have overwhelming thoughts of

death, but I would think your mom would want you to live, not just exist. I feel we are here because God

wants us here, whatever His reasons are. I can't understand why he would take my Sarah but I am trying

to trust Him and His plan. I pray you find peace and purpose for your life and the thoughts of dying will

find their rightful place. I suppose we all think about it more after the loss of a loved one. Take Care!

Archived