Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Dearest Vito

Jennam

• Members

To my dearest and most best friend Vito of 12 years. Having to put him down after seeing him suffer and bringing him back home to bury under the cherry tree will stick with me all the rest of my days. I truly believe I will see him again one day but in the meantime, the pain is excruciating to go on without him. I don’t know how I will ever be able to move forward. I just want some sort of confirmation that he is ok. 

• Moderators

I am so sorry for your loss.  They call them man's best friend for good reason.  I lost my Arlie to cancer in August, I'm not "over it" and never will be.  I called him my "soulmate in a dog" because that's how I felt, he was my companion, best friend.  I've had ten dogs but he was perfect for me and my heart dog.  I am so sorry anyone else has to go through this, it felt just like losing my husband did 15 years ago.  He will always be my love!

My son brought me a puppy before Christmas, I don't know what I'd have done without him with this social isolation, living alone, I lost my 25 year old cat in January so I would have been completely alone.  Kodie takes a lot of my time and is adorable, he's not Arlie by any means, but has created his own spot in my heart, although I will forever miss my beautiful Arlie. I love different things about them but Arlie was truly perfect for me.

We continue in faith that we'll be with them again, I can't imagine a heaven without our beloved animals, it's what makes heaven special!  It's what made this life special. :(

I hope this video brings you comfort and peace in knowing he's no longer suffering and enjoying his wait for you.

• Members

Thank you KayC. I appreciate your message and the video so much as it gave me a little comfort. I wish you much happiness. 

• Moderators

I know this is hard.  Right now I'm grieving the chow I've walked daily for ten months...he bit me for the second time, this time badly, he's bitten everyone in their family (he's 12 1/2, deaf, going blind, arthritic) and my family had a fit and told me NO MORE WALKING HIM!  I understand with my head but when I go by their house and see him looking at me all forlorn and not understanding why I am not walking him, it tears at my heart.  I've never broken a dog's heart before.  He's very confused.  It's time for him to be put to sleep but she won't do it...he's bitten their two year old and four year old and they have a baby coming in two months.  Scares me to death what could happen.  Why does life have to be so hard!!

Thinking of you today, knowing your pain is great, hoping for some comfort to come your way.

Archived