Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Never get past lossing My son

cruzer

• Members

I lost my dear Son Shane on Superbowl Sunday 2010. Shane was twenty years old. Who says the first year is the worst? This is half way into the second year and it is no easier for Me. He Was hit by a tri-axle dump truck going TO a superbowl party. The roads were snow covered and He slid through a stop sign. The police later told me He was texting at the time. His Mom and I have been devorced. sense He was ten and He chose to live with Me He was a pleasure to have and i never had to correct him . He would always say "what ever you thik is best Dad", Except for one day, Feb.11, 2010. I begged him not to go cause the roads were bad. He said he would be fine and for me to be careful, and that He loved Me. I have so many stores I can tell of Him but can't seem to write them down. But they are in my memory. Would not He been texting , would it have happened? Who knows. If You have young driver's preach to them about texting and talking on the cell while driving. I will write more soon.

post-297048-0-52596200-1310079203_thumb.

• Members

Ohhhh yes I know so well....I lost my 28 year old son in July of 2000 11 years gone and I still have not" gotten past" anything. Time is meaningless. I think "getting past" the loss means many things to many people and for me I know I will never be in that place and I have accepted that.

I would love to hear your stories of Shane.....he sounds a bit like my son.

Must figure out how to post his photo.

I am new to this place but hope to find something here after all these years, even if I don't know what it is.

Diann

Mom to Eric

1972 - 2000

I lost my dear Son Shane on Superbowl Sunday 2010. Shane was twenty years old. Who says the first year is the worst? This is half way into the second year and it is no easier for Me. He Was hit by a tri-axle dump truck going TO a superbowl party. The roads were snow covered and He slid through a stop sign. The police later told me He was texting at the time. His Mom and I have been devorced. sense He was ten and He chose to live with Me He was a pleasure to have and i never had to correct him . He would always say "what ever you thik is best Dad", Except for one day, Feb.11, 2010. I begged him not to go cause the roads were bad. He said he would be fine and for me to be careful, and that He loved Me. I have so many stores I can tell of Him but can't seem to write them down. But they are in my memory. Would not He been texting , would it have happened? Who knows. If You have young driver's preach to them about texting and talking on the cell while driving. I will write more soon.

• Members

Diann, Shanes Dad,

This grief journey is a journey that never ends, it just changes. I too thought the second year was worse than the first. The reality of not seeing my 16 year old son, Brian for the rest of my life - WOW who can handle that.

My son was car-surfing. Brian was on the hood of a car and his friend drove 68 mph in a 25 mph zone - lost control and took-out 3 trees. Brian hit the ground at approx. 60 mph and died within minutes. The accident scene is 1/4 mile from our home. This happened on 6-19-2008 and we have been living a nightmare ever since.

Most of us post on the Loss of an Adult Child forum. Even though Brian was not an adult, I am accepted without question and you will also.

How do we go on? - One step at a time, sometimes one breath at a time. As time goes on, and with much hard work, we are able to think of the good times with our kids and smile (sometimes).

You are not alone on this journey - many of us are out there and we want to help. Please tell us about your boys on loss of an Adult Child thread.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

Archived