Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Suffering from separation

• Members
Beverly Annika

I am dealing with a beyond difficult separation. Having huge anxiety from it.  

• Members

I know sometimes there isn't much to be done about anxiety in the moment, when it's extreme (I think in a different post you mentioned nightmares and sleeplessness).  I've been working on managing my anxiety more closely since my ex left, two and a half years ago. This helps. Overall my baseline of anxiety is lower, though I still have experienced some pretty bad "flight" urges.  I do a 15 minute breathing exercise every day, and also I try to do at least an hour of yoga. Yoga with Adriene on YouTube is really good.  I think it's probably important to note the anxiety. Your husband sounds unwell and it sounds like you've maybe tried to take care of him? I would say, try to know your limits. 25 years is a long time to be with someone and it sounds devastating what has happened. I thought my ex was my best friend, too, though we had been together only 7 years. It sounds like you are able to draw strength from your relationship with your son.  Sometimes, nothing helps -- It's a matter of sitting through the discomfort, I think. But focusing on one small thing at a time can maybe help make some things more manageable.

Archived