Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my best friend

Fragrantcloud

• Members
Fragrantcloud

It's been 5yrs almost since I posted on here. After my mom, and I hoped, prayed and truly believed then I'd never feel that pain again. But just over 24hrs ago (27hrs~) I lost my cat. She passed in my arms and it's all my fault. I don't know how I'll live without her. She was 10. She was and is still everything to me.

I simply no longer see a point without her. She was my best friend. What's life without who makes you laugh and smile.

• Moderators

I am so sorry.  Can you elaborate a bit so we can understand?  I lost my 25 year old Kitty in January and my companion dog (whom I called my soulmate in a dog) Arlie 8 1/2 months ago, and I understand, it's terribly hard getting through the day without them in it.  They were my family, my day centered around taking care of them and all of the rituals we had together.

I hope the thought conveyed in this video brings you some comfort and peace, I look forward to being with mine again.

• Members
Fragrantcloud

She had an enema and something seems to have gone wrong; I'll have a look at the video. When I'm comfortable, I've not been able to do much honestly.

I'm sorry for both your losses as well.

PS : it almost seems strange your name, people call me Kay and my surname is C I often write KayC

• Moderators

I'm sorry, it's hard no matter how we lose them.  My Kitty was never sick, I honestly thought she'd live forever!  My head told me she couldn't but she sure seemed like she would, first sign we was ill was Christmas but the next day she seemed fine.  I'd noticed she'd lost weight but figured that kind of came with her old age.  Then she started turning down her Easy Cheese again and that was my real clue, she was hardly eating, peeing more so I figured her kidneys were shutting down (there's no cure for that) so I called the vet for an appt.  Turns out not only her kidneys but her liver, I had her euthanized.  It's very hard not having her here.

The C is for my middle name, my last name doesn't seem my own since I got it through marriage to someone who turned out to be a con artist, so I don't identify with it, only kept it as it was easy to pronounce and spell for people but maybe should have taken my old name back.  All I could think of at the time was how much hassle it'd be to change it everywhere, when I'd just gone through that!  I've had some call me KayC but my family just calls me Kay.  I like the name, glad we share it!

I understand your feelings, take your time.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I understand the overwhelming grief and extraordinary pain. 

My cat died after we took him w/ us to a vacation home and we think he may have licked or eaten some kind of poison (that we never found.) So, I get the guilt. I was pretty much beside myself with grief for a few months. Life had no joy. I slowly - very slowly found some level of peace. You will too. It takes time. 

Archived