Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Has anyone suffered the devastating loss of a career they can’t get back

Larissa

• Members

Dear Larissa,

Please tell us what happened. What supports are you looking for?

I have seen many people go through job loss and change in careers. It is very difficult losing that send of belonging and community. Hard to start over.

• Members

I lost my license to practice my career and can’t get it back

i went from six figures a year to disability and had to move and might have to get divorced over it

i have No friends or family except for a nice lady I know at a local women’s shelter

I was too of my game in the prime of my life when I lost millions AND CANT GET IT BACK 

• Members

I went through a similar situation a while back and can empathize with the feelings of loss and uncertainty. In those tough times, finding ways to make ends meet can be crucial. One thing that helped me was exploring creative side gigs. For instance, I delved into freelancing or selling handmade crafts online. It's surprising how these small ventures can accumulate, and with persistence, they might turn into something more. Also, consider your skills and hobbies; sometimes, there's an opportunity to turn those into a quick source of income. I remember researching on "how to make 20 dollars fast" and stumbled upon some ingenious ideas. The extra cash might not replace your career, but it can certainly ease the financial strain while you navigate your next steps.