Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Widower broke up telling me that he’s not ready

Guest Sarah

• Guests
Guest Sarah

I started dating a guy 2 months after he lost his late wife to Cancer. I kept on telling him that he’s not really and he swore up and down that we was. He from the beginning wrote “casual” on the dating app. He said that he clicked wrong. I dated him for 4 months, then he says that he’s not ready for a relationship. Dating for 4 months made him realize this. I’m moving on, but why would a guy do this? Purposely hurt a girl?

• Members

I just lost my fiance... I would love to date just to have the company, I miss it.

When I separated and got a divorce I thought I was ready to date a year later... met a wonderful guy, very patient and kind.

Turns out I wasn't ready.. I didn't do it to hurt him but because I really thought that chapter of my life was closed... but it wasn't

I don't think the guy you dated wanted to hurt you... he just though he was ready.... 

• Members

Yeah it doesn't sound like he led you on intentionally but honestly, even if he did, at least he told you now and you can hopefully find someone else which doesn't reduce the hurt but it gives you the realization that it wasn't meant to be at this time. In my last breakup my emotions were all over the place and I thought I was ready to move on but wasn't either. Sometimes triggers can also set us back so maybe something happened that triggered him and he realized this too. However there are so many possibilities and I think it's best not to dwell on them and focus on what you do know, which is that at this time, he's not a good fit for you.

Archived