Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The "new normal"

ccoflove

• Members

Ive heard this term now more, in the news. Ive already gotten accustomed to being isolated for the last 15 months, use to being home alone, cooking and eating for one, taking walks in nature, talking to myself, wondering is this really my life, what does my future look like now... just now im less alone in the world feeling this way. The world is grieving collectively, not in the same way but adjusting to a new normal, uncertainty, fear and anxiety. Its a relief to be more relateable I think. Stay healthy and safe everyone. Turns out I do want to live after all. We are survivors. Be well. ♥️

• Moderators

This is my life...living alone.  Father's Day will be 15 years.  Others are upset about being grounded at this time, but they don't get it, they still have their spouse to talk to.  I tried to tell my sister this yesterday, how it is to never have touch or someone to talk to, care about you, to live in solitary confinement...she doesn't get it.  She's been married nearly 50 years.  They can't get it.  You'd think they could imagine what it's like, but no...

I'm glad you want to live.  My puppy is my incentive.  He's everything to me right now, my walking partner, joy, entertainment, keeps me busy!

• Members

My dog is my purpose and the one thing i have to love on, she keeps me going too. The loneness makes every aspect of life harder. I had my car looked at today and the brake fluid is leaking. Besides the big expense, no spare car to use to get to work, or someone to drop off the car while its worked on for 3.5 hrs. I miss the shelter from the storms of life my partner and I provided each other when things get tough.

• Moderators

@ccoflove  Can you get a coworker to pick you up at the shop and bring you to work?  Do they have a shuttle?  I know everything is harder right now and the things we normally have are being cut off from us.  I truly hope you don't have to sit there for 3 1/2 hours, done that!  The things everyone takes for granted we no longer have.

Sending you loving thoughts your way...I know this is rough.

• Members

Thank you @KayC for the loving thoughts, i really need to hear that. Grief has hit me like a ton of bricks today. I will just bring my kindle and watch some movies or something while i wait. At least i know they wont be able to overcharge me for the time if im there. 

• Members

Nothing stays same, i don’t this there is a “normal“, I a, convinced  this place on earth is hell and or purgatory. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Missy1 said:

convinced  this place on earth is hell and or purgatory. 

It sure can seem that way, can't it!

• Members
On 3/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, Missy1 said:

Nothing stays same, i don’t this there is a “normal“, I a, convinced  this place on earth is hell and or purgatory. 

Yes! We are suffering and I to wonder is this really life now? it’s really a sad lonely way to exist.
I heard the Father at church describe purgatory as a place that each day feels like forever, there is much pain and suffering.  Those who still need to fulfill their destiny are stuck and should accept their suffering. Who knows, I do relate to the pain and wonder why...

Archived