Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

new here and I need help!!!

cwiggins

• Members

I am new here. This is my first post and I am a little terrified---well, alot.

My husband passed away on the 16th of this month after years of battling COPD and Emphysemia.

He was under the care of Hospice since January. I knew his time was limited to be on this earth; hospice told me 3 weeks before his death that they would try to keep alive through the summer. Well, the summer has hardly started and he is gone!!!

I do not know what to do with my feelings. I am in a near panic as I type this. I have business to attend to away from the house, but I just cannot leave the house today. I cannot focus on the most simple household task, such as the laundry, the dishwasher. Our dog is in deep greif too and I just want to comfort her too. I feel that I am slipping deeper into this despair.

• Members

I am new here. This is my first post and I am a little terrified---well, alot.

My husband passed away on the 16th of this month after years of battling COPD and Emphysemia.

He was under the care of Hospice since January. I knew his time was limited to be on this earth; hospice told me 3 weeks before his death that they would try to keep alive through the summer. Well, the summer has hardly started and he is gone!!!

I do not know what to do with my feelings. I am in a near panic as I type this. I have business to attend to away from the house, but I just cannot leave the house today. I cannot focus on the most simple household task, such as the laundry, the dishwasher. Our dog is in deep greif too and I just want to comfort her too. I feel that I am slipping deeper into this despair.

Cwigg,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Of course you are in a panic because this is so new and your grief is so fresh. If you cannot focus on the chores, then let them go for awhile. Focus on yourself instead. Cry, rage, sleep or do what you need to do to grieve. It is perfectly okay. I know animals grieve, too. Try to give your dog some extra comfort if you can, and feel free to cry around her. She will understand.

Your feelings of slipping into despair are completely normal at this point. Please know that there are other people here who have experienced the loss of their soulmate. You will find encouragement and support here.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Cwigg,

I feel your loss. My husband of 28 years died 5-25. We ran a business together and now I am left trying to carry on by myself. Every day is a struggle, but I take it minute by minute. I cry when I need to, no matter who is around. I just find a place to hide and stay there until the storm passes. For me it has gotten harder lately, they tell me that is normal. The best advice I have been given is Don't listen to any advice, It is different for all of us. I can only tell you what has helped me, that doesn't mean it would work for you. Take comfort in family and friends, don't do anything you don't want to do for someone else's sake. I hope you find the help you are seeking.

Cin Marie

Archived