Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here, lost my mom 2 months ago yesterday

Lizluz1984

• Members
Lizluz1984

Hi,

my name is Liz I'm 26 my mom passed two months ago very suddenly, she was in the basement doing laundry and had a fatal arythmia. I was living a thousand miles away at the time ( moved away a year ago) we were (are) very close and spoke on the phone daily. I can't seem get it together I miss her so much I feel like everyone just wants me to get over it but I don't know how I can't sleep because of the constant nightmares. I hate waking up to a world without her every day. I'm currently living in our house with my sister ( moved back home after the funeral) everything reminds me of her I just wanna know how to move forward help'

• Members

Hi Mizzliz

Firstly, I am no expert in the field of grieving or how long it takes as I am going through much the same thing at the moment. All I can say is from what I am going through at the moment (but we must remember that grieving is deeply personal and there are no time frames), I am finding that I have the occasional day now where I don't burst into tears at the drop of a hat, so I figure, I am slowly coming to terms with the death of my father. I am also finding that on the days I don't talk about my dad, that they are generally the days I don't do so well, I need to hear his name spoken. Do you talk a lot with your sister or friends/other family members?

I have also read that there is the period in mourning where we do go through a time where it appears everyone thinks we should be over the death of our loved one, this is where we feel the most alone. Don't worry about what other people think you should be feeling, take each day as it comes, don't put so much pressure on yourself to be dealing with everything so quickly.

Personally, I know I have burst into tears at the local supermarket, talking on the phone to people, driving in the car, plus I even burst into tears watching something sad on the tv now (which I never used to do) but in time, I have to believe that things will improve. You're not alone and by the sounds of things you are doing the best you can at the moment.

I believe that my dad is still here in spirit with me, I can now pick up his things and look at them and remember lots of memories attached, so even though it's still incredibly difficult, believing he his looking after my mum and myself does help.

I know that this might not help you at all, but I wanted to let you know that someone cares.

Dmc44

• Members

Hi,

my name is Liz I'm 26 my mom passed two months ago very suddenly, she was in the basement doing laundry and had a fatal arythmia. I was living a thousand miles away at the time ( moved away a year ago) we were (are) very close and spoke on the phone daily. I can't seem get it together I miss her so much I feel like everyone just wants me to get over it but I don't know how I can't sleep because of the constant nightmares. I hate waking up to a world without her every day. I'm currently living in our house with my sister ( moved back home after the funeral) everything reminds me of her I just wanna know how to move forward help'

Hi Liz,

I am very sorry about the loss of your mother. You have come to a good place to get help and encouragement while you grieve and then begin to heal. Two months is not long at all to deal with such a profound loss; after all, our mothers are the center of our life for much of our life.

Do you have any support? Have you thought about a grief counselor? What about writing out some of your feelings in a journal? I know this is such a terrible time, but you will get through this and eventually you will be able to move forward a little at a time.

How is your sister holding up? You know it's okay to cry. If living in the house is unbearably painful, have you considered moving back out or selling it?

We will be here to support you. Talking is a major step to moving forward. Come here and pour your heart out when you need to. Tell us about your mother. We will listen.

ModKonnie

Archived