Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This is my new life

Chayko

• Members

It Is my new reality, my new normal. One day life was fine but my husband was feeling ill and throwing up. The next

day, the kids and I found him, dead on the kitchen floor. It was 5 weeks ago. We are functional but bewildered and sad and now I am a 45 year old widow grasping for some

comforting words and..anonymous kindness I guess. I am tired of everyone calling and asking questions and looking at me

so sadly.

Thanks.

• Members

It Is my new reality, my new normal. One day life was fine but my husband was feeling ill and throwing up. The next

day, the kids and I found him, dead on the kitchen floor. It was 5 weeks ago. We are functional but bewildered and sad and now I am a 45 year old widow grasping for some

comforting words and..anonymous kindness I guess. I am tired of everyone calling and asking questions and looking at me

so sadly.

Thanks.

In shock,

I am very sorry about the sudden loss of your husband; I am sure it must be nightmarish and unimaginably difficult. How are the children doing? Do you all have any support, such as more family or a church or friends? People are looking at you sadly because they care about you and maybe they don't know how to help, but they want to. When you are ready, we'd love to here all about your husband.

You are more than welcome to come here and vent, cry, laugh or simply listen and talk. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I know how you feel. I just lost my boyfriend of 15 years. We lived together and have an adopted special needs son. He wasn't sick. When i went to bed on April 29, 2011 he was in bed but not breathing. I called 911 and did CPR, but he was gone. Anthony was a devout man and believed in God. He knew that there was a heaven. I am trying to take comfort in that and am leaning on my faith, but nothing seems to stop the tears that flood my face everyday. I am suffering terribly and have to take each day second by second. People say time will heal me, but I know that I will never be the same. But we have to be strong for our children. Just know that there are other people going through the same thing and that you can write to me anytime.

Sharon

• Members

It was 5 weeks ago. We are functional but bewildered and sad and now I am a 45 year old widow grasping for some

so sadly.

Thanks.

I am with you here. I am a month in, 40yo, left to be the mother of 2 children. My husband died very suddenly. Likewise, I am funcitional but in enormous shock. I had a life many people envied; now people cry when they see me. A veritable pity party surrounds me. So hard to believe this is my life.

• Members

I so understand! I feel like I am a lost soul without my Bill. Plus all our friends are married, so now I am the 3rd wheel. I have not left the house much. Do not know when I will. My best friend and husband died almost a month ago. I am still rying to understand what has happened. But I am paying the bills on time so I feel comforted in some way. Please tell me the hurt will diminish in time. Cause I hurt so much everyday, it is almost unbearable. :unsure:

Archived