Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

It hurts to breathe. 18 months later.

Sadie’s Mom

• Members
Sadie’s Mom

My daughter died suddenly at the age of 2.5 on July 4, 2017.  I went to get her up in the morning and she was already cold and stiff. I can’t talk to anyone about it anymore. They are so tired of hearing me cry. But it still hurts to breathe. I feel like I am drowning. Anyone else feel the same? 

• Members

sadiesmom I am so sorry to hear your story it is so tragic. I asked you to join us on a different thread loss of an adult child by Mom of justin please join us. You need to always keep talking about Sadie. People including family and friends find it uncomfortable and prefer to ignore it but we bereaved parents are always willing to listen to anything you have to say. We take pride in the fact that we birthed and raised these children they will never be forgotten or be less important than any of our other children. Our children are gifts that were taken away too soon. I still have days when I find it hard to breathe too and I am over three and a half years on from losing my son. It is devastating that we suffer these losses but we will eventually get through this pain ok?

• Members
Aaliyah’s Mom

Losing your child is something you don’t get over, you just learn to live with it. It’s like your life line has been cut off. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to live without my daughter, but God showed me that I could. Trust in God and he will carry you.

Archived