Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost of my 8 Yr Old Daughter

mothersgrief

• Members

I lost my 8yr old daugther to Status Epylsis, which is rare. I go day by day just thinking of her. Everything around me reminds me of her. I can't walk into a store without crying. I can sleep becuase that is the only time my pain goes away, but as soon as I wake up I am there with this pain again and again. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has any books or advise, becuase if it wasn't for my 6 yr old daugther, I don't think I would want to move on. She is what keeps me going, but my pain in my heart dosen't go away. She passed away Feb 2, 2011, and this was a sudden thing. My child never had seizures before so this was unexpected and every since I lost her my heart feels that it has been torn apart.

• Members

I'm very sorry for your loss. My 20 year old son died last January 13, in his sleep at a friend's house. It was very sudden, too, and leaves you struggling to breathe. The loss of Adult child thread has a lot of people who have lost children from 9 or 10, up to 40s. There are even some who lost babies to SIDS and younger children too now that I think about it. If you come to that one, even though your children aren't adults, I think you will find understanding and support from people who know what you are going through because they've been there too. We're all still there, in the life that we live after our child dies. Westley was my younger child, my daughter is married and has a child, so I do have a reason to go on, too. It's just hard sometimes to remember that we are not only the mother of the deceased, we are the mother of the living child too. I hope that you choose to join that thread, it is very active, somebody posts every day, usually several people. I know there are differences between losing a young child, and losing an older child, but Moms and Dads have the same love in their hearts no matter how old their kids are. If you don't, or if you just want to read that post without posting, I will be thinking of you and wishing you peace. Hugs to you and your whole family in this horrible unexpected loss of a big part of your family.

• Members

Thank you. I have gone on that thread. I just hope one day I can get pass this. This website does help becuase I feel that there are people out there who can connect with me and understand my feelings. I guess this is so raw that I don't feel I can ever feel this pain go away. Especially when I wake up and have to get my other daugther up and that is the room they shared. Looking at her clothes just pretty much everything. I just feel incomplete, and don't understand why God would not give me the miracle I wanted my 8 yr old back. I guess in life we never know what can happen and it pretty much sucks.

Brooke's Mother

• Members

I lost my 8yr old daugther to Status Epylsis, which is rare. I go day by day just thinking of her. Everything around me reminds me of her. I can't walk into a store without crying. I can sleep becuase that is the only time my pain goes away, but as soon as I wake up I am there with this pain again and again. I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has any books or advise, becuase if it wasn't for my 6 yr old daugther, I don't think I would want to move on. She is what keeps me going, but my pain in my heart dosen't go away. She passed away Feb 2, 2011, and this was a sudden thing. My child never had seizures before so this was unexpected and every since I lost her my heart feels that it has been torn apart.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, and my heart breaks over your pain and anguish. There are many people here who have lost their precious children, and they will be able to offer your support, encouragement and advice as you travel this grief journey. I am sorry you have to be here, but I want to welcome you to our warm and loving community.

Please come here as often as you like, whether to simply read or to talk about your beloved daughter. We will be here waiting for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Denise, I am so very very sorry for your loss of your precious daughter, Brooke. You are so very new to this journey, and the pain is still in that piercing, gut-wrenching phase...which is to be expected. We here on this post understand, and we offer comfort and understanding because we are all walking this same journey. It doesn't matter if your child was young or older, the pain is there, the loss is there, and the longing is there, always.

Please come to Loss of Adult Child and post, when you can. We would love to hear about your daughter, and at this stage, and mostly always, we love to talk about our child, and we love to listen to stories and details about all of our angels. Ths is a bumpy, two steps forward three steps back kind of journey, and having someone walking along with you helps you to learn how to breathe again, how to walk again.

love and peace,

Archived