Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I'm still struggling greatly

Isaiah's Mom

• Members

I'm new here. I lost my son almost 3 years ago to suicide.  He was 19 and was the joy of my life. He as an older sister that just had a baby about a month and a half before he passed away.  I have struggled with alcohol since his passing but finally have gotten a handle on it and haven't had a drink in 7 months.  However, I am still emotionally a mess. I can't function. I can't work. I don't sleep.  I have been in therapy and went to support groups but it doesn't seem to help.  I am so frustrated and upset with myself all the time. Any suggestions or support you can provide is appreciated. 

• Members
sarahshapiro11375

When a child loses his or her parents, they are called an orphan. When a husband loses his wife, a widower and a wife, a widow. But there is nothing to call a mother who loses a child. Words are not enough to explain the pain. I too lost my child. YOu have the right to be hurt and be broken but never let your son's death be in vain. I hope you be okay slowly. Please take care.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Isaiah’s mom and Sarah.  So sorry for your losses.  If you click on loss of an adult child. Then put in the last page number that will take u to a site where a lot of grieving parents are standing in your shoes.  Please join us there, we will hold your hands and heart,  take care

Luanne....Kira’s mama

Archived