Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Dad, Found out online

missingdad2010

• Members
missingdad2010

Today I googled my sister's name and up came my Dad's Obit. He died Nov.27th and was buried Dec 3rd this month.

I feel like my dad died today.

Long story why we have not spoken but mainly over my kids who i adopted, i was disowned.

I live less then 2 hours from them and had not seen them for almost 6 years. Now I can hardly breathe.

I thought for sure before he left this world we would see each other again.

• Members

Today I googled my sister's name and up came my Dad's Obit. He died Nov.27th and was buried Dec 3rd this month.

I feel like my dad died today.

Long story why we have not spoken but mainly over my kids who i adopted, i was disowned.

I live less then 2 hours from them and had not seen them for almost 6 years. Now I can hardly breathe.

I thought for sure before he left this world we would see each other again.

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I'm sure the circumstances surrounding your estrangement made it even worse to miss him. Just take each day a bit at a time and keep trying to move forward. I want to welcome you here, where you will find support and encouragement as you travel this grief journey. There are others here who have experienced similar situations, and they may be able to help you deal with this.

ModKonnie

Archived