the loss of 3 year old daughter

lost soul

• Members

On June 7, 2009, I recieved news that my daughter was hit by a car... at first I couldn't, Ididn't, I just didn't understand what was being told to me. Then the unthinkable became a reality, my daughter fell into a deep coma, she suffered major head trauma to the brain. Everyday was harder than the next, watching her..lifeless, unable to help her. Just hearing the doctors telling you that there is no hope, not even 1%, was like a knife in the heart. After long months of endless trying to help her in every possible way, she passed on sept. 26, 2009 at the age of 3 years and 7 months. Sometimes I still wake up in shock, I feel so lost without her. What do I do? Everyday I go back to June 7, thinking, trying to find a way of how I could prevented it. How is as a mother am I supposed to go on?

• Members

Dear Half

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter I lost my only son Stephen 3 years ago and do understand how difficutl each day can be. Please post a picture of your daughter and come back and tell us more about her. How she smiled , how she talked and how happy she made you. It helps

Please keep sharing

• Members

Dear Half

You go on one breath at a time. One blink at a time. Our family lost our 16 year old son from a completely preventable car crash on 6-19-2008. Most of the first year was spent agonizing over what I could have done to prevent it. What I have learned, it if I think about the past too much (coulda, shoulda, woulda), I do not live for the future. Also, happiness does not run down the stairs to me anymore. I have to find it.

You will find love and friendship on the "Loss of an Adult Child" thread. I did not lose an adult child, but I am accepted without question - nice feeling.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

On June 7, 2009, I recieved news that my daughter was hit by a car... at first I couldn't, Ididn't, I just didn't understand what was being told to me. Then the unthinkable became a reality, my daughter fell into a deep coma, she suffered major head trauma to the brain. Everyday was harder than the next, watching her..lifeless, unable to help her. Just hearing the doctors telling you that there is no hope, not even 1%, was like a knife in the heart. After long months of endless trying to help her in every possible way, she passed on sept. 26, 2009 at the age of 3 years and 7 months. Sometimes I still wake up in shock, I feel so lost without her. What do I do? Everyday I go back to June 7, thinking, trying to find a way of how I could prevented it. How is as a mother am I supposed to go on?

Half,

My heart breaks each time I hear about tragedies such as yours. I am so very sorry you lost your precious daughter. There are many many parents here who have suffered the loss of their dear children. You will find support and advice for moving forward despite your anguish. We would love to hear about your daughter when you are ready to tell us all about her. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Dear Half - My heart breaks as I read your post. As others have said, you will find comfort

here...I know comfort is hard to come by on this journey...but you will surely find people

who will listen and share with you your deepest feelings. My 29 year old daughter died

from leukemia in August of this year. The age, the circumstances, the period of time

is different for everyone...what it comes down to is we have all lost a dear child and we

know uniquely how that feels. My prayers will be with you and your angel and I too hope

you will share when you are ready.

• Members

Everyday, seems to get harder. I still wake up in shock, not being able to believe this had really happened to me. I find it really hard to stand, just no energy, and yet at the same time I do, I have three other children, Aya was the youngest. Whatever I am doing, I'm always thinking of her. I would be doing the dishes and I would sing the songs I used to sing to her....sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I feel so guilty, and so empty...I keep telling myself if only I could go back, she never left my side, why that day??

• Members

Everyday, seems to get harder. I still wake up in shock, not being able to believe this had really happened to me. I find it really hard to stand, just no energy, and yet at the same time I do, I have three other children, Aya was the youngest. Whatever I am doing, I'm always thinking of her. I would be doing the dishes and I would sing the songs I used to sing to her....sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I feel so guilty, and so empty...I keep telling myself if only I could go back, she never left my side, why that day??

Half,

I suffer from guilt every time something bad happens to my children, and I blame myself for things that go wrong. That being said, I, therefore, cannot even begin to imagine the overwhelming grief and guilt you are experiencing, even though you did nothing wrong. My heart cries for you over this. I am so very sorry you are going through this.

Who knows why that day was different, and who knows why anyone dies on the particular day they do. I take comfort in believing that is just the day that a person is supposed to go and what happens happens. I don't know how else to get through grief and suffering without believing that.

How are your other children doing?

ModKonnie

Archived