Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

my pain without mom

janette1

• Members

I just joined this site seeing other peoples stories. My mom lost her battle with a terminal illness on nov 16th 2010. I am a only child not married and dont have any family left. She was well still is my best friend and when she dies I feel like a part of myself died. I am 42 and she was only 62. I have become physically ill with bad stomache problems from my nerves... Has anyone experienced this. I went back to work and had to take off again from being so sick. I guess I should go to counseling but anything is hard right now. She started with colon cancer had a stroke that left her partially paralized and she alos had many other health problems such as kidney damage seizures and other ailments. It was HORRIBLE. I am glad she is not suffering anymore but I just dont know how to move on :(

post-296527-0-32291600-1292617284_thumb.

• Members

What a beautiful picture of you and your mom.I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.I understand how you feel.I lost my mom and best friend 2 1/2yrs.ago.I am also 42 with just a brother left as my family.I remember the first 6months after my mom died I hardly ate,I hardly slept.I went back to work after a month off but would go in to the bathroom throughout the day and cry.I miss her more than anything in this world.I just take day by day now.Give yourself time to mourn your mom.It does get easier as time goes on,or maybe the pain just eases and changes.This time of year is especially hard.Is their a support group that you can go to?I wish I could give you more helpful advice,but honestly I'm having a hard time right now too.I will keep you in my prayers! :)

• Members

I just joined this site seeing other peoples stories. My mom lost her battle with a terminal illness on nov 16th 2010. I am a only child not married and dont have any family left. She was well still is my best friend and when she dies I feel like a part of myself died. I am 42 and she was only 62. I have become physically ill with bad stomache problems from my nerves... Has anyone experienced this. I went back to work and had to take off again from being so sick. I guess I should go to counseling but anything is hard right now. She started with colon cancer had a stroke that left her partially paralized and she alos had many other health problems such as kidney damage seizures and other ailments. It was HORRIBLE. I am glad she is not suffering anymore but I just dont know how to move on :(

I became physically ill when my father died. I couldn't eat, I had terrible nausea, and if I did manage to choke things down, they came right back up. I know many others have had similar problems. One of the things I managed to get down to help were those supplemental nutrition drinks, such as Ensure. They really help.

I am so sorry you lost your mom, and I'm sure it has been an absolute nightmare to deal with. Your loss is so new, I'm sure it's hard to simply breathe or think at times. Just try to take it a little at a time, and cry as much as you need to. Are you having trouble sleeping? If you feel like you are walking around in a cloudy fog, that is also normal, even though it's worse than awful to experience.

There are many people here who have experienced similar tragedies. You will find support and encouragement as you pick up the pieces of your life and move forward. We will be here to help you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi, My name is Elizabeth and I understand what you are saying. I am an only child and my mother raised me by herself. I have only one family member that I have left and she is 95 and its hard to talk to her. My husband and children do not really understand. They think I should be over it by now. I miss my mother so much. She was everything to me. We would talk on the phone or text throughout the day. If you need to talk. I am here.

• Members

I completely understand. Since my Mother's passing in 2007 I have been diagnosed with PTSD and it's been extremely hard. I was only 32 and miss her everyday. I hope you can find some peace.

Archived