Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Both parents

Powerlinemanredd

• Members
Powerlinemanredd

I lost my mother 9 years ago and my father a year and a half ago.  I am struggling with my feelings.  I have 8 half siblings.  2 from my mother's side and the rest from my father's.  I am by far the youngest at 34.  My half brother not my father's son was executive of the will and sold everything per his will.  My mother wanted me to have the house and everything in it.  She had family heirlooms that were valuable to her and trusted me to keep them in the family.  Now that everything has happened I have chronic pancreatitis and lost my job and am in the process of loosing my truck and I live in a camper.  I miss my mother so much and loosing her was unbearable.  My father I hate.  He beat me to the point friends wouldn't come over and I got picked on at school for being so jumpy.  I had to move on and had a good career as an electrical lineman.  Does anyone else feel like this with one of their parents?  Its not about any inheritance, but that he didn't tell me his will changed and trusted a back stabbing person who isn't his blood to get everything.  Out of all of my siblings I am the only one without a parent.  

• Members

Dear Powerlinemanredd,

I am sorry to hear what happened with your father's will. What you are feeling is natural. I'm sure you wanted the chance to talk to your dad and even possibly work out the past before he passed away. The finality of it all is very hard to understand. It takes a long time to work through our feelings and thoughts.

If you want to maybe consider talking to a grief counsellor or joining a support group. I also found these websites helpful in coping with my grief:

What's Your Grief

Grief in Common

Tiny Buddha

Grief Healing Blog

Grief Recovery Method.

Please know we are with you.

Archived