Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my 30 year old son a week ago today.

clittlelady

• Members

There are no words in the dictionary to explain how my heart aches. Lance died Last Saturday at 4:00 p.m. surrounded by his wife, my husband, myself and his best friend. We were there for his last breath, but the 32 previous days were sad, painful and precious all at the same time. Lance was our only child. Our one comfort is that he repented of his sins and allowed God back into his heart and prayed everyday from that point forward, until his death. He suffered liver failure, pancreatic death and ultimately kidney failure. He suffered infection in his abdomen and fluid eventually in his lungs. We never left his side. Even in the ICU unit one of us was allowed in at his bedside at all times and once he was moved to LSU hospital in Shreveport, he still remained critical, however they would not put him in the unit for fear of him contracting other infections. We tended to his every need, personal hygiene, was our gift to him to help him maintain his last thread of dignity. He thanked us every time, which became every 45 minutes to an hour because of the meds they were giving him to help the ammonia levels remain lower and keep it from going to his brain. BIPOLAR..... DEPRESSION..... were things we believe he suffered which he self medicated with Vodka. He entered and completed 47 days of rehab last summer, which helped him very little. The second comfort I have is a precious 3 1/2 year old grandson. His funeral was beautiful and moving. I felt as though I was on auto pilot. I've cried a billion tears. I would give anything to hear him say "Awe Mom, c'mon, Let's go to Red Lobster" Or "Thanks Mom, I have no butt because of your genetics!"

• Members

Dear Clittlelady

I am so very for the terrible loss of your precious son, Lance. It is so very evident that you gave him the special gift of your true love during the last days of his life as well as during his entire life. I understand wanting to hear those words and how precious those moments feel. You have found a very special place. We are a group of parents who have lost our most precious children and who understand just how lost an painful that can be. If you would click on this section: Loss of an Adult Child of the Board and then hit the "Reply" button to post your message. You will reach a remarkable number of parents who will shower you with love and understanding.

I lost my only child Stephen to alcohol poisoning a little over 3 years ago I came here and it saved my life and sanity.

Please post a picture of Lance and tells us more about him. We have a Gallery section where we have [laced albums of our precious memories Al this helps

Please know you are not alone and we honestly do understand

• Members

There are no words in the dictionary to explain how my heart aches. Lance died Last Saturday at 4:00 p.m. surrounded by his wife, my husband, myself and his best friend. We were there for his last breath, but the 32 previous days were sad, painful and precious all at the same time. Lance was our only child. Our one comfort is that he repented of his sins and allowed God back into his heart and prayed everyday from that point forward, until his death. He suffered liver failure, pancreatic death and ultimately kidney failure. He suffered infection in his abdomen and fluid eventually in his lungs. We never left his side. Even in the ICU unit one of us was allowed in at his bedside at all times and once he was moved to LSU hospital in Shreveport, he still remained critical, however they would not put him in the unit for fear of him contracting other infections. We tended to his every need, personal hygiene, was our gift to him to help him maintain his last thread of dignity. He thanked us every time, which became every 45 minutes to an hour because of the meds they were giving him to help the ammonia levels remain lower and keep it from going to his brain. BIPOLAR..... DEPRESSION..... were things we believe he suffered which he self medicated with Vodka. He entered and completed 47 days of rehab last summer, which helped him very little. The second comfort I have is a precious 3 1/2 year old grandson. His funeral was beautiful and moving. I felt as though I was on auto pilot. I've cried a billion tears. I would give anything to hear him say "Awe Mom, c'mon, Let's go to Red Lobster" Or "Thanks Mom, I have no butt because of your genetics!"

Clittlelady,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Lance. Bipolar and depression are hideously ugly things that tear families up; I know because I have a loved one tortured by both. I know there are others here that can offer words of encouragement and support because they have suffered similar losses and tragedies. I just wanted to tell you that we will be here whenever you want to talk.

ModKonnie

Archived