My dog died I can't get over it. I don't think I wanna live anymore

rari

• Members
Rachel Gill

I said goodbye to my 14yr old Roxy, we spent 14 brilliant years together. We went everywhere together and she died yesterday. Well I can't eat sleep and my heart is in such pain. I wish I didn't feel this way. I need some help to make me feel better. 

• Sad 3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• Diane O

• Gary55

• Sherian

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am so sorry, @Rachel Gill!  This is one of the hardest journeys I've had to be on, along with the death of my husband 17 years ago.  And it felt much as that did, although it didn't affect my finances and social life like that one did...the heartstrings were just as heavy.  Our dogs make us their study, they are "our person,j" so to speak, they are so loyal, so forgiving, so attentive...it stands to reason when they die, it leaves a gaping hole in our hearts.

I hope this brings you some comfort in the days ahead...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers

• Members
Rachel Gill

I am in total grief from losing my 14 yr old dog. I cant eat or sleep my stomach is a knot. I cant bare the pain im suffering its making me ill. I just want it to go away. I cant bare it. I am going to my doctor to get medication to try and help me relax. My heart is truly broken.  

• Sad 1

• Members

I am so sorry, Rachel.  I think the decision to go to the doctor is a good one...make sure to tell them the reason.  Let us know how it goes.  I'm already on anxiety and sleep Rxs but I'm sure they helped some, still, every waking moment felt heartbroken.  So much so that at two weeks I wanted to dig him up so I could kiss his sweet face.  My son said, "you DIDN'T, did you?!"  No, of course I didn't, I know better, but oh God, I wanted to! :(

• Like 1

• Members
Rachel Gill
On 12/18/2020 at 7:27 PM, Deanne B said:

I feel similar in many ways. I want MY dog’s life back. He was so loyal and sweet.  He was 10 and had CHF and died in front of my kitchen stove on a carpet. He was playing with his toys just before his heart attack. His name was Wilson and I miss him running across the room out of nowhere jumping in my lap and licking my whole face to let me know he loved me. What a wonderful and cherished dog he was and he wanted to go everywhere with me. He was my service dog. He crossed the rainbow bridge November 21, 2020. I thought I was going to have a heart attack with him and I do have a heart condition. In ways, I wish we would have gone together. I miss him so much it does make my heart ache. 

I lost my dog on Tuesday 20th Oct she was 14 she had heart failure. I haven't been able to eat or sleep since she left me. We spent the best 14 yrs together she was my dog she came everywhere with me. My heart is broken, my stomach in knots I hate the way I feel. I don't have any regrets she died in my arms looking into my eyes...I am suffering now big time. A very devasted dog owner. 

• Like 1

• Members

Sept 20th?  I am so sorry it continues to hurt, I went through the same only  Arlie didn't die peacefully and that haunted me...their scale was off so they under-anesthetized him and he went out in severe pain...a vision I will never forget.  I know he's out of it now, thank God.

Wishing you some peace and comfort...

• Members
AbbysGarcias2022

I just lost my beautiful pug Abby I had to put her down it was the most traumatizing thing I have ever done seeing her die is the worst feeling I have ever experienced im so lost can’t seem to focus through the day I hear people say keep busy and work out but I just don’t give a f**k I don’t deserve to be happy at this moment I don’t deserve to be happy for a while she was the most amazing dog I just wish I could’ve done more for her and feel so guilty about it all I do is cry she deserved better I just want her to know I’m sorry for for everything I’ll never get another dog again I hope this pain goes away some day but for now I’ll be angry at the world and sad for my little girl god please help me