Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my daughter

Rebekahs mom

• Members

Hi. I'm new to this forum.

I lost my oldest daughter at age 21, December 17th/17.

She was the oldest of 5 children.  My life turned upside down the day the police officer came to my house to give us the news. We received a phone call to verify my address and wad told a policeman would be by the house shortly. Of course I contacted all my other children but couldn't reach my oldest. I instantly knew it was the worst case possible. Over an hour later the police officer arrived to which I said "you are here to tell me rebekah has died". His response was nodding. I will never forget that day as long as I live. We still don t know cause of death, waiting on toxicology reports. She was living in Alberta and we live in nova scotia. I had to have her shipped home for her funeral. The wake was the 22nd of December the funeral the 23rd and of course try and bluff the holidays for the other children.

Just trying to connect with others going through similar situations.

Archived