Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Daddy passed away on 9/16/2010

hayleyy

• Members

Well my names Hayley , im 15 years young and my daddy passed away September 16 , 2010 ): I dont really know how to start off or what to say , so i will just tell the story.

I found out my dad passed last Thursday morning during 1st period when my mom, my sister , and my grandma were all sitting in the counselors office crying. He was riding his motorcycle , ( i could NEVER ride again btw ) on the way home at like 1:30 in the morning. ( i didnt know right away because i was at my moms house , joint custody , ) . From what i know he lost control and hit the boulders on the side of the road. ( WHY THE **** would you put boulders right there ? So the road can look pretty ??? I dont think anyone cares about how pretty the road looks. Anyways.. ) He broke all of his .. when he hit the boulder. Some of my family says he was already unconscious before he hit it though. This happened exactly a week ago. I have already viewed him , and went to the service, & gave my last hugs and words goodbye. Im hoping i will feel up to going back to school this monday. I havent gone to school since last thursday morning & most of my friends & people at school know about it cause its been on the news and such so i dont know if im ready for all the hugs and whatnot. My mom talked about the 7 grieving stages and i think i have gone through most of them. I miss him so much already ! Its been hard to sleep at night , and ill cry randomly even if im okay for one minute then the next im not. And if you have any songs , im making a playlist on my ipod & combining the songs my dad and i used to listen to ( soft or country type usually ) , & im also putting other songs that remind me of him. You can go here if you have any songs relating to loosing a dad ;

http://answers.yahoo...23155827AAMSG1Y

BTW ; whats an angel date ? The date when your loved one passed ?

& i didnt really know what to say so thanks for still reading ! lol You can ask questions and stuff too.

• Members

Well my names Hayley , im 15 years young and my daddy passed away September 16 , 2010 ): I dont really know how to start off or what to say , so i will just tell the story.

I found out my dad passed last Thursday morning during 1st period when my mom, my sister , and my grandma were all sitting in the counselors office crying. He was riding his motorcycle , ( i could NEVER ride again btw ) on the way home at like 1:30 in the morning. ( i didnt know right away because i was at my moms house , joint custody , ) . From what i know he lost control and hit the boulders on the side of the road. ( WHY THE **** would you put boulders right there ? So the road can look pretty ??? I dont think anyone cares about how pretty the road looks. Anyways.. ) He broke all of his .. when he hit the boulder. Some of my family says he was already unconscious before he hit it though. This happened exactly a week ago. I have already viewed him , and went to the service, & gave my last hugs and words goodbye. Im hoping i will feel up to going back to school this monday. I havent gone to school since last thursday morning & most of my friends & people at school know about it cause its been on the news and such so i dont know if im ready for all the hugs and whatnot. My mom talked about the 7 grieving stages and i think i have gone through most of them. I miss him so much already ! Its been hard to sleep at night , and ill cry randomly even if im okay for one minute then the next im not. And if you have any songs , im making a playlist on my ipod & combining the songs my dad and i used to listen to ( soft or country type usually ) , & im also putting other songs that remind me of him. You can go here if you have any songs relating to loosing a dad ;

http://answers.yahoo...23155827AAMSG1Y

BTW ; whats an angel date ? The date when your loved one passed ?

& i didnt really know what to say so thanks for still reading ! lol You can ask questions and stuff too.

Hi Hayleyy,

I am so very sorry to hear about your daddy. You will probably go through the seven stages for awhile, and they may go back and forth. It's okay if you cry or get angry or suddenly feel blue, and then the next minute you do it all over again. It's perfectly normal. And when you go back to school, it's okay for you to cry as much as you want. People will totally understand. You may end up wanting to cry for a long time, but that's okay, too.

An angel date is the day your loved one passed.

Your post here was very nice, you did a great job. You come back here any time you want and write as much or as little. Any time you feel like writing, we will be here to listen. There are lots of other teens here that have also experienced similar losses. They may write back to you and share their stories, too.

Let us know when you are ready to return to school and how things go there for you.

ModKonnie

• Members
Alenah DeCamp

Hello Hayley, I can't say I understand what you're going through but I can only imagine it. What I can do is offer to listen to anything you need to talk about, you'd never be a bother. I did lose my grandma but we weren't very close. It was still difficult and one of the things that's helped me is an article linked below. If you have a chance to read it let me know. 

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2016084&srcid=share

My deepest condolences. 

Archived