Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of our only daughter has left my wife distaught.

Zeke

• Members

I feel a little hesitant posting here, it doesn't seem to be active, but of the stillbirth groups I've found, most are aimed at mothers.  My wife and I have been married for fourteen years and have four wonderful sons.  She and I love them, but she has always wanted a daughter.  Though we were not trying to have another baby, she did get pregnant.  Almost a month ago, she went into early labor and gave birth to a stillborn girl.  And since then she has not been herself, which I cannot fault her for.  It hurts deeply to lose a child, and I know her anguish is different than mine.

But I do not know what to do for her.  Some mornings I cannot get her out of bed.  Others, she's fine, until she gets upset and snaps at me or our sons.  Our youngest is having a lot of difficulty comprehending what is going on.  I'm at a loss.

• Members

I am so very sorry for you loss. I would suggest it is time to talk with her about getting professional help. Start with her doctor and go from there. I'm sure she is dealing with a slew of issues, but I'm certainly no expert. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

Archived