Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

6th month since the loss of my daughter

Ginajull13

• Members

I m new here .. I need to be with people who understands what my family and I are going through .. the pain the never ending why.. the never ending why us .. I thought I lived a pretty well great life .. my husband and I had what was a great life with family the kids my grandkids .. until that horrid horrible day ... my daughter Josie was full of life 24 with a child of her on 4 yrs old .. we have a 2 family she lived downstairs and I live upstairs it was perfect we hanged we had it all .. I was happy  .. my daughter passed on April 17, 2017 from  a  severe asthma attack while taking her daughter on that beautiful spring day to the park .. it Got worse her Friend called the ambulance and try CPR BUT SHE DIED  on the way to the hospital they tried hard to save her .. but no luck ... we

are still in shock!! How can this happen ... I live cause all that keeps me going are my kids and my grand baby who I’m raising .. but words will never express the ache in my heart .. when will this end .. I want to erase all .. broken hearted

• Members

ginajull13 I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter, it is the worst pain of all to lose your child no matter what age they are. It is terrible that asthma can still cause the loss of a life but sadly that sometimes happens. The first year is extremely hard even though you are still protected by the shock, you keep expecting that person to walk through the door, and there are so many reminders that they are gone. The grief journey is very long and difficult with many bumps in the road and not everyone can understand what you experience unless they too have been through it. Most of us parents post on Loss of a child and then go to the  Loss of an adult child thread at the top of the page and choose the last page. We try to keep together in one place so we can support each other and there are daily posts. To have your grandbaby is bittersweet, you love having them but it does not make up for the loss of your Josie. Please join us.

5e95f396aeec2865bcb13c1b440c4345.jpg.ec1e5523e1642979665e902c83ccb349.jpg

64aca6bde18ac94a4a77e1ec2606fc10.jpg.e8071d1af6d3b9e60b1bc55f53ab10e6.jpg

• Members

Thanks .. the pain is  unbearable but knowing people who understands help us cope with it 

• Members

well my dear you have made it to the 6month mark and who would have thought that was possible? You are stronger than you realise you are. Know that Josie is by your side always willing you on to keep on going. very very slowly you find that one period of time is just a little bit easier and that you are able to find small snatches of pleasure or even brief happiness before the clouds overcome you again. The worst days will be behind you and the better times will gradually become more frequent. It is just a process. The first year is the toughest in some ways the second is also very tough in a slightly different way and those years after are still learning to normalise to life without your child. you will forever miss your daughter but you can learn to carry on with life given time. reaching out to connect with others is a big step good for you. Stay in touch

Archived