Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Violent loss of my Son

foofooberry1972

• Members
foofooberry1972

So in recent days it's been 10 years since the passing of my 14 year old son Scotty.  People would say to me it gets better, I still can't say its gotten better.  Its just different.  Ive had to learn how to live all over again.  It took me a long time but ten years later I'm still here.  I have two other children and two grandchildren now.   I revel in them tremendously. But the pain is still there.  There are still days I don't feel like getting out of bed... and those days I don't .  its so hard to put into words what ten years have been for me.   I hope that others out there that has been through loss of a child had better support then I had.  Because I whole heartly believe that's what it takes to get through.   THeres nothing a counselor could tell me because unless you lived it you don't know what its like,,,people would tell me loss is loss I want to punch them in the face but of course I don't.  Ive experienced numerous types of losses.  But nothing compares to loss of a child.  It was a sudden thing my loss one minute I was picking my younger son up from school the next my older son was gone.... I guess what I'm hoping for here is to find people who I can chat with and share with in their loss to know I'm not alone in how I feel.   Don't get me wrong I have moved forward and am living not, but its not easy I feel it never will be.  Just hoping to connect with others who know my grief

• Members
foofooberry1972

Sorry about the ramble  just need to get things off my chest and I hope this is some place I can do that

• Members
Tommy's mum

foofooberry1972 you are not rambling and wanting to connect with others who have lost a child is normal because most people just dont get it because they have been fortunate enough not to need too. The Loss of an Adult Child is the most active thread [you are welcome to join us there and share more about your son. We have several members who like you are a few years along in their journey but still need to communicate with others who have suffered a loss/losses. No matter how much time goes by you will forever miss your son it is the price of loving them deeply

.ef5ed6bd6e8162dda15e9e3e1067900a.jpg.f4b3ba377d7a46f6f722294099325c99.jpg16708450_10154241064307371_4786635413531863098_n.jpg.77f6cd3185fba84762ccef57d79da1b8.jpg

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Foofooberry1972   you have come to the right place. I am six years on and this website has been a life saver for me.  The people here, totally get it.  No matter what you have been thru everyone understands and will stand by you.  Please come back and post on loss of an adult child which is where everyone posts and you will be supported and welcomed.  You are not alone in this grief journey.  

• Members

Foofooberry1972  - You are right on! I've experienced many losses, but absolutely NOTHING compares to the loss of a child! It's something a person can't possibly understand unless they have gone through it. You are probably much stronger than you know, as you have been able to go on with your life in spite of the load you carry with the loss of your son. God bless you! You are a strong person, whether you know it or not.

• Members
CathyDrochin

You are such a strong individual. I always admire the human will to persevere after tragedy and in spite of great struggle

Archived