Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of my 16 years old son

Silky

• Members

allen I was wondering how you were doing it has been a while since you last posted, and we had to all make it through the holidays too. Death does f....g suck you are right. How have you been managing? Did you stay with counselling? Any useful strategies you have learned along the way that may be helpful to anyone? I know those feelings of anger and injustice rage strongly and it can be really hard to see a way forwards. Please come back and tell us more about your boy.

• Members

Well we went away this year for xmas and new year. (wife and I) we could not stay home,  so that's how we got thru...  1 year today....... no tips,  just I go to work and that help takes my mind of this ****.... our counselor time was up and he moved to another location,  so no, we have been in counselling since Thanksgiving....    The DA will prosecute the bitch who had the methadone in the refrig , so we are just awaiting on the court date.  it wont bring him back, but at least his death wont go unanswered for. so  time keeps going.... but he is always there.....LOVE YOU SON!!!!!

• Members

yes he is always there with you by your side forever. You will see and hold him again one day just not in this lifetime. having empty arms is hard to bear isn't it? At least you have a pending prosecution that is good news, some parents never get the justice their kids deserve, but a trial etc is in itself a huge burden of emotions. None of it is easy but you are fighting for justice for your child and hopefully able to make sure this does not happen again. how old was your boy I forget? We have lots of members and sometimes their stories get mixed up. I guess it was an accidental  methadone overdose that caused the loss of your son and i am sorry.

07cdc8e24f0c82ddd969a110ca235a63.jpg.2642beac5f54519f5af6ee5598728232.jpg

1cdab327af18c360496fb72117eced68.jpg.195b4d2aabf0088c872976bfeffe6d1f.jpg

• Members

He was 16, and yes it was accidental. he as his 2 friends were thirsty, went into this woman's refrigerator, got a bottle out that he thought was a "kiddie drink" inside, but had this drug addicts methadone mixed in,  and died from affixation.

• Members

appalling that people do not take care of keeping their medication safely locked away. Methadone is a controlled drug for a reason. I am so sorry allenb. There were 4 newbies yesterday that I reached out to, so much tragedy in the world. how are you doing?

• Members

We are just doing... day by day.. that's all we can do...   Sorry to hear about the newbies,,, this is one club  that no one should have to be in... So SORRY for everyone's lose. I know it's the worst day of anyone's life.

p.s

the poem is sooo TRUE and sad

Archived