Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

2yrs anniversary

ernurse99

• Members

Hi everyone! it will be 2yrs ago dec 2nd that my dad died, i still miss him more and more as the days go by....sometimes, i feel as though i must be loosing it, but why does it still hurt this much after 2yrs????? i am the youngest of 5 children and was my dads baby..... and i just cant seem to let myself heal.....it just hurts sooo much still, i am pretty good at hiding it but as soon as i get home from work i just curl up on the couch sometimes and cry. I am 30 yrs old and still single and as much as i want a family and settle down, i dont( i know that doesn't make sence). I want my dad here to approve.  anyway....

DAD I MISS YOU MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY !!!!!  LOVING YOU FOREVER !!!

YOUR BABY GIRL

• Members

Grief is such an individual thing....depending on the kind of relationship we had with our loved one, what the situation was surrounding their death, even how other family members have reacted.  One thing my grief counselor said was, everyone has to get through it in their own way, for some that might be months and for others years. 

Did you ever take part in a grief support group, or maybe consider some grief counseling? It doesn't matter how long ago your father passed away, many programs are absolutely free and might help to bring you some peace.  In the meantime be good to yourself and reach out to other people on the rough days.

bluegrass

Archived