Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Cremation and ashes

silverkitties

• Members
silverkitties

I recently read this:

"If you simply can’t come up with the money to pay for cremation or burial costs, you can sign a release form with your county coroner’s office that says you can’t afford to bury the family member."

What if I have the money but don't want to pay simply because I hate that person? I will not get in depth here, but suffice to say that my father has helped destroy not only my life, but my mom's. In fact, I believe that he shortened her life through grief and negligence: he not only cheated on her for 4 decades, but put an enormous burden on her throughout her life--even when she was dying from cancer. 

Now, my mother has mostly forgiven him, but I SIMPLY CANNOT. In fact, I have been hating him for well over 30 years, especially when I discovered that he was still cheating on my mom after she nursed him to health after his quadruple bypass.

He has done nothing to honor her life or help me in any way. I do not want his ashes AT ALL. I would like my ashes to be combined with mine and our cats.

Archived