Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Baby sister had HLHS

Caitlyn15

• Members

3 years ago, my unborn baby sister, Rachel Lynn Bickel, died. Rachel's death hit me and my brothers hard but it hit me harder because we all had thought that we were getting a new baby sister and then have mom and dad tell us, it was devasting. That was in March of 2013, and 3 years later, I am still grieving over Rachel's death. She would have been 3 years old in March of this year, and I am still grieving. How can I get over Rachel's death? Do I need  to go to a support group, and have my parents talk to me about coping with loss and my sister's death?

• Members

Caitlyn, I am sorry about the loss of your sister. I definitely think you should talk to your parents and tell them you are still devastated and not coping will with the loss of your sister. They will be able to help you plan an appropriate path for dealing with your loss. 

Let us know how you are doing. We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Caitlyn, it might be tough to find a group with people your age who can relate.  I wonder if it would be more beneficial for you to talk to your parents about getting some one to one therapy.  I've gone to therapy for various issues when I had no one to talk to, or didn't want to talk to those available, and it really helped me.  Just a thought. 

Archived