Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

"Love Knows No Death." This Could Really Help You!

Jeff In Denver

• Members
Jeff In Denver

First, I don't mean to offend anyone.  If you don't agree with my viewpoint, please ignore this post.  I am really only trying to help.

As I have mentioned before, I am a total hardcore skeptic of anything that I can't see, feel, touch, etc.  I am an agnostic, and I look at astrology as total nonsense, for example.  I was a very social, personable, and fun guy to be around.  I liked to drink, tell funny stories, host big parties, tell off-color jokes, and be one of the guys.  I was also mostly "surface," guarded, and kept people at a distance.  Losing my girlfriend, Milagros, has made me small, fragile, scared, sad, lost, and raw, and an overall mess.  I'm lonely, feeling bad about the future, and miss her terribly.  I love her more than I love myself.  I am desperate and need to have even the slimmest form of hope.

Meeting with grief counselors hasn't done much.   I realized that I'm not going to get better this way.  Not that I want to very much, really.  My goal is to keep her with me while I get though the day-to-day stuff.  I don't have to be happy - just functional.  For several weeks, I was.  I was going out with women (but telling them about her), drinking, etc.  It's a band aid.  But now I'm in a down cycle.   You can identify, I'm sure.

Someone here suggested "The Light Between Us," and reading it made me realize that things might not be as final as we think, that there could be hope.   The book lead me to the Forever Family Foundation:  https://www.foreverfamilyfoundation.org/   They are a non-profit organization that is made up of people like us, along with scientific researchers.  

"Love Knows No Death" is a $10 workbook that I have just started to read.  I am at work, so I can't access the associated videos, so I will have to stop until I get home, but I am very impressed so far.  The premise is basically that, okay, we have suffered a severe loss, but that that person isn't really gone.  They still love us, are aware of our pain and sense of loss, and there is a good possibility of contacting them.  I know that I would feel a lot of relief and comfort if I knew that Mila were still with me and that we could communicate.

Here is a quote from the workbook:

"When you will understand – rationally understand – that your loved one has not simply ceased to exist, some of the hopelessness and desperation will go away. When you will realize that, from the spiritual place where he or she lives now, he or she still loves you, then you will open up to the possibility of a contact."

Well, there you have it.  Again, I don't want anyone to be offended.  I wanted to put this out there in case someone is helped by this group, their information, and the workbook.

• Members

Hello, thank you for posting this.  I lost the love of my life not quite five weeks ago, and sessions with grief counselors have done little.  I am also agnostic, but want very much to believe that my beloved, darling Drew is still with me somehow, and that "signs" I keep thinking I see really are from him.  I will order this book to see if it comforts me at all.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

Ellie, first, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.   You're certainly welcome.  I think this workbook will help you.  You can buy it and download it immediately and get right to it.  Please keep us updated here.  The best of luck to you.

• Moderators

Ellie, I am sorry for your loss.  I am sorry that grief counselors have done little to help either of you.  I've heard it said to give it three sessions, to talk to the counselor about your feelings of not being helped, and perhaps try another after you've given it a chance.  I don't know where either of you are in that process.

I am not agnostic, but I firmly believe that life does not cease to exist as some think, but merely changes form, just as energy does not cease to exist.  Mere death does not end our love for it continues in our spirits.  

Jeff, your words are not offensive in the least.  People can believe whatever they choose, but I believe with all that is within me that George and I will be together again.  It is hard for me to fathom that someone could just cease to be, especially such a dynamic spirit such as he!

I wish nothing but peace for all of us.

• Members
claribassist13

No matter what actually happens to our loved ones when we die, it is true that death is never the end. As long as we carry the memory of our loved ones in our heart, they can never die. Our love, their love, their legacy... It will never die so long as we carry there memories in our hearts. 
That's my thoughts on the matter. I guess we'll all find out the truth eventually.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

I have worked through only two sessions, but already this workbook has helped more than all of the grief counseling sessions put together.  It is very powerful, comforting, and It gives me hope.

I hope that others benefit from it.

• Moderators

Jeff, I'm glad you're getting good from it!  Not every grief counselor is equal and I guess it's not for everyone, you gave it a try at least!

• Members
Jeff In Denver
On 8/26/2016 at 1:13 PM, KayC said:

Jeff, I'm glad you're getting good from it!  Not every grief counselor is equal and I guess it's not for everyone, you gave it a try at least!

Thank you, KayC.  Even the best grief counselor can't always help.  After all, they can't change the terrible reality.  That's where this workbook comes in.  It has worked wonders for me so far...

• Members

Jeff Thank you so much for this. I am definitely going to get it. Anything that can bring comfort & hope I am willing to try. Thank you for sharing this.

• Members
Jeff In Denver

Millie681, I am glad to hear that.  I really think (and hope) that it will help you.  Please let us know!

• Members
Jeff In Denver

The workbook is $10. It is incredible.  I wish I had found it before.  Really, it offers comfort, hope, and reassurance.

I believe that it's better than the book!

• Moderators

$10 is cheap to pay for comfort, hope, and reassurance!  I'm glad you found it!

Archived