Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ritchie_uk

I cant understand advise please.

Ritchie_uk

Hi Forum,

I have a simple question and basically I have been supporting someone that has been suicidal and self harming and now they are totally ignoring me.

I wasnt judging them and was being sensitive saying that I cared and would be there for them if they needed.

The next time they saw me online they just ignored me and were actually quite hurtful.

Why I dont understand, i have nobody that I can talk to that would understand.

I support so many people and feel I dont have any support.

Thanks

Ritchie

sincerelysherry

I am very sorry you are in this situation. If they are suicidal or self harming you are not dealing with a rational mind. Whether they are suffering from depression, mental issues, alcohol or drug addiction, self hate, whatever their mindset is, you more than likely will never understand. I know you are trying to help but if they are choosy to ignore you, there isn't much you can do, just pray for them. Please do not feel it is your responsibility to fix them or save them. It is within themselves. Never in a million years did I think my Mother would have committed suicide or even have a clue she was thinking about it. Our entire family felt so guilty for not knowing. All you can do is pray, let them know you care and ask them to get help. My prayers are with you and your loved one.

Ritchie_uk

I am very sorry you are in this situation. If they are suicidal or self harming you are not dealing with a rational mind. Whether they are suffering from depression, mental issues, alcohol or drug addiction, self hate, whatever their mindset is, you more than likely will never understand. I know you are trying to help but if they are choosy to ignore you, there isn't much you can do, just pray for them. Please do not feel it is your responsibility to fix them or save them. It is within themselves. Never in a million years did I think my Mother would have committed suicide or even have a clue she was thinking about it. Our entire family felt so guilty for not knowing. All you can do is pray, let them know you care and ask them to get help. My prayers are with you and your loved one.

Hi Sincerelysherry,

Thank you for your response, it is tough supporting people, I certainly wouldn't do it for the money, even if I could stop one person committing suicide it would be worth it.

I dont work in mental health but I would Love to do something like that, as I see so much suffering and not enough people supporting.

I know at my lowest I didn't have anybody and that was tough..

Ritchie  x x