Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of our dog

jackieh1972

• Members

We just lost our precious little girl on Tuesday. She was hit by a car and killed. We've decided to have her cremated so she will be with us where ever we may go. Yes the person who hit her did stop. We are greeving so for her just wish we could have her here again. It's gonna take a long time to get used to not having here greet us when we come home. She was a great dog. And will be greatly missed by all of us and our friends and family that also loved her so.  We are thinking about getting another dog (Not to replace her) but, to try to fill the void we have. Not sure if it's the right thing to do or not. We've had people tell us to go and get another dog but, we're not sure. Please if anyone can help us that would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Members

Dogs have a wonderful way of worming their way into our hearts...even when we don't think we're ready for it yet.  I had to put my beautiful friend and companion, Hannah, down a few years ago at the age of almost 15.  She was a big black lab/golden retriever mix and was the most special dog I'd ever had.  I was not ready to get another dog, but two weeks later I got a call from a friend who had gotten an email from a former co-worker...who'd got an email from a friend...who'd gotten a phone call from a friend, etc. etc.  There was a year old chocolate lab that had been dumped on someone who'd locked her in a dark basement room for a couple of months and had decided she no longer wanted her and was just going to dump her somewhere that night.  Well,  I got on the phone and started making phone calls and in the end, the chain of people numbered eight before I actually found the person who had her...or actually was the neighbor of the person who had her.  I said I'd come see her, but really wasn't ready for a new dog so soon after losing Hannah.  Well, long story short, she came home with me and has been with me now for 5+ years.  She is the sweetest, most devoted companion and I love her dearly.  I missed my old Hannah for a long time, (still do at times), but Kelly wormed her way into my heart very quickly.  I called her the velcro dog because she stuck so tightly to me when I first got her.  She's now a secure, confident, gentle dog who loves everyone.  Keep your mind and heart open.  Even when we don't think we're ready, we have room in our heart for another animal.  They do help ease the pain of loss.  They don't replace the dog you loved so dearly, but they certainly fill the void.  They are so eager to please that it is impossible not to fall in love again. 

DianeS

• Members

Hi Diane  and Jackie

i  know how you both feel i lost my dog two yeras ago mymy grand neice was over we were out in the back yardon the porch my grand neiceshe was leavingshe wanted to go out to the front yard we told her no go through the house she went through the gate my dog gout out 3 days later she died i know my  grand neice did not mean it she was only 9 at the timewe took my dog to the vets she died there they said she died  of think it was lover or kidney part of me think its my fault  i should of made sure the gate was closed and i didn't  had her for 13 years   had aniother dog before that  she died at the groomers   feel bad    meg

Archived