Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Recipes to Remember

DawnFisher

• Members

Kourtney's mom recently posted her daughter's recipe for Buttermilk Pie - and shared that since Kourtney always made this pie for her daddy....he was going to make the pie in memory of her this Thanksgiving.  Tears, then smiles, then laughs came as test tasters soon realized that her dad  had left out the sugar!  I'm including this story and their recipe to kick off a new forum topic just in time for the holidays.  Please share your recipes and memories here.   

Dawn

Beyond Indigo

KOURTNEY'S BUTTERMILK PIE

1 9 IN UNBAKED PIE CRUST                       1/4 TSP SALT

2 EGGS BEATEN                                          1 TBSP ALL PURPOSE

FLOUR

1 CUP WHITE SUGAR                                  1 CUP BUTTERMILK

3/4 CUP MELTED BUTTER                            2 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT

PREHEAT TO 350' F

PLACE BEATEN EGGS IN MEDIUM BOWL BLEND IN SUGAR. STIR IN BUTTER,

SALT,FLOUR,BUTTERMILK AND VANILLA. TIL SMOOTH POUR INTO SHELL

BAKE FOR 50 MINUTES REDUCE HEAT TO 325' THEN BAKE AN ADDITIONAL 10

MINUTES. PIE IS DONE WITH CLEAN TOOTH PICK TEST.

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT...KOURTNEY LOVED MAKING THIS FOR HER DADDY

• Members

Here is one of my favorite recipes and it's so easy to make. My grandma use to always make it and now my 4 year old could probably eat the whole thing by himself.

Chocolate Eclair Cake

need:

1 box of graham crackers

1 8oz tub of cool whip

2 boxes of vanilla pudding mix (the small boxes)

2 cups of milk

1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

3 tb coffee

3 tb of melted butter or margarine

3 tb cocoa

Mix together the milk and pudding mix then add the cool whip

Line a 9 X 13 pan with graham crackers and put half of the mixture over the graham crackers, then put another layer of graham crackers and put the other half of the mixture over that, then top with another layer of graham crackers.

For the icing:

Mix the powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla, melted butter, coffee together. Then pour over the graham crackers. The icing will be thin and runny but will thicken.

Refrigerate for 24 hours then enjoy!

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

• Members
UnderHis Wings

Mincemeat Squares

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

½ chopped walnuts

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

½ cup cooking oil

1/4 cup orange juice

1 28-oz. jar mincemeat (Nonesuch Brandy & Rum)

Combine flour, sugar, nuts, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in oil and juice. Reserve 1½ cups flour mixture; press remainder into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.

Spread mincemeat over mixture in in pan; sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven for about 30 minutes or till golden brown.

A favorite that I baked for my sweetheart.

• Members
Alexander Risten

Mincemeat Squares

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

½ chopped walnuts

½ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

½ cup cooking oil

1/4 cup orange juice

1 28-oz. jar mincemeat (Nonesuch Brandy & Rum)

Combine flour, sugar, nuts, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in oil and juice. Reserve 1½ cups flour mixture; press remainder into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.

Spread mincemeat over mixture in in pan; sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake in a 400 degree F. oven for about 30 minutes or till golden brown.

A favorite that I baked for my sweetheart.

I tried this and it was really good. Thanks for the share.

• Members
Silvermist

Mums pasta

Cook any type of pasta you like, including spaghetti. 

Chop up fresh tomatoes, cook them in a frying pan with some herbs, onion and garlic, (optional). 

Add tomatoes to the pasta and add very liberal amounts of strong cheddar cheese, mix in. 

Place in a backing dish and cover in cheese and melt in the over for a cheesy topping. 

• Members

My daddy's pasta special was making spaghetti with a ketchup sauce!

Ketchup

water

sugar

mixed in ground beef

Dad we are thinking of you as we embark on another year.

• Members
Iloveromance1996

My husband and I didn't cook a lot (restaurants were our thing) but when we did eat at home, we didn't really use a recipe. We started making this french fry "casserole", I guess you could call it but it's so good. Just take a package of frozen french fries (we used the crinkle cut Ore-Ida) and put them on a baking pan or a baking dish. Bake in oven till golden brown. Then we would top them with layers of shredded cheese. We used cheddar but any kind will do. And then we added the 'real' bacon bits that you can buy at Costco. Basically fresh shredded bacon and not the hard, crunchy kind on the condiment aisle. Then bake until the cheese has melted. Serve with ranch dressing. I have made it a few times since he passed but it's not really the same. However it is good comfort food.

Archived