Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My daughter would have been born 10/27

Brooklyn2015

• Members

Today I find myself feeling like I messed up someway... somehow. I lost my daughter on August 22nd 2014. I would have had her on 10/27 but I went to the hospital for back pain, when they did the ultrasound she had ripped the amniotic sack with her foot, got her foot caught under my rib cage and when they took her out the umbilical cord was wrapped around her face. I feel like I have failed as a parent, I feel like it was my fault she didn't live, and I feel so alone in a world full of people. I am mentally and physically exhausted. I am on the verge of a breakdown. Someone.. anyone please help.

• Members

Brooklyn2015,

I am very sorry about the loss of your daughter. There is no utter way on the face of this earth you can truly be in any way shape or form blamed for the loss of your baby. How on earth could you have done anything wrong? There is nothing you could do to cause this--it happens. I'm sure many people who lose children feel guilt and feel like failures but no one is a failure for losing a child. No one.

Please consider posting in Loss of a Child because you will find many other parents there who have lost their precious children. They will be able to help you with support, advice and encouragement.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
OBnurse_atyourcervix

I know your post is over a month old, I just joined the forum, but I feel compelled to post. I am an OB/GYN nurse, I want to share with you what I share with my patients that experience a devastating loss like yours...You did nothing to cause your daughter's passing, this is not your fault, you are not a failure as a parent. These feelings are very common among my patients that have had a demise, please reach out to your friends, family and also your OB's office-they can provide you with information and resources to help you get the support you need. One of the most gut wrenching aspects of my specialty is that sometimes there is no reason why tragic losses like yours happen, explaining this to grieving parents looking for answers breaks my heart every time I do it. I hope I'm not too late and you read this and I truly wish you peace.

Archived