Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I had to put my best friend down

lizardsloot

• Members

My precious collie "honey" had cancer and we had to put her down. Its the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel like I will never feel better. I miss her so much!!! she was my best friend.  A friend suggested I put her ashes in some sort of memorial.....so I did, I had a glass artist put her ashes in a beautiful pendant for me, I feel better now that I have a part of her with me always, but its still hard. I never would have imagined it would be so hard!!! I love my pendant and wear it all the time, its a beautiful golden heart, just like her.

post-24436-128153890734_thumb.jpg

• Members

I am thinking of you in your grief. We have spent the last week trying to find out why our Lillie has been so sick. The thought of loosing her had us in tears. She is home with us, we are awaiting results of her bone marrow biopsy. I will continue to hold you in thought and prayer. This is all so new for you, take time to grieve her as you took your time in loving her for all the years she was with you. be well...

• Members

I had to  put my dear dog down this week. he was a diabetic lab for the past 4 years . He was 13. He took a turn for the worst last week., but made a remarble recovery ... He seemed to adjust well to his new reality of no longer walking. I took very good care of him.He didnt seem in pain, though my vet told me he would never walk again, nor get better only worst. I had so much pressure from others that this was no way for my dog to live that I buckled under pressure and had him put down. I feel I took his life... and had no reason to do so because it was very easy for me to continoue to take care of him. I am so at lost & in so much pain. Now he sits in a horrible little tin, for I had him cremated and my family wants to bury him in the spring when the garden starts to grow. Please can anyone help?

• Members

I am so sorry!!! I know just how you feel. But it will get better. You should look into doing something special with him. My glass pendant has my Honey's ashes in it and I keep her with me always. It really does seem to help. I also had a Memory Stone made with her ashes, when I dont wear the pendant, I have her in my Glass Memory stone. It really helped me. I didn't like to see her in that awful box either. I hope this helps you.

post-24436-12815389132_thumb.jpg

Archived