Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Divorce Sucks

• Members
logical.ditz

Hi, I'm Kimberly. I've been married 11 years. I got married when I was 19. This has been really hard. I have been every emotion imaginable over the past few months. I don't know how to start a single life... or how to date... I was a house wife most of the 11 years. I was miserable and so depressed that I couldn't see straight. I have had to pick myself up and work my ass off to survive. I have a job I love. I am learning about mtself. I am happier than I have been in years. Still, I feel sad and lonely alot. I know how to survive, but I want to feel wanted again. I just don't know how to keep moving forward. I feel like I have made all this progress, but now I'm stuck at this wall and I don't know how to get around it. Help!

• Members

Hi Kimberly, I am Stacey. I was married for 14 years and dated him for 5 years before that. I left him, but I miss so many things. It is very normal to feel sad, lonely, depressed, hopeless, etc. off and on for quite a while. It's been 1 1/2 years and I am still grieving...that's why I joined this site. I rebounded but now think the new relationship is a mistake. I feel like a failure, that I will never find true love again, that somehow I am less of a person because of the divorce. I think for you and I, only time and lots of it will change this from feeling bad to feeling good again. Hugs and good wishes to you, Kimberly. You are not alone.

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

Divorced is a really stressful event. No matter how prepared a person can be, it disrupts our emotional, and even our physical well being. Today the sanctity of the marriage bond has diminished greatly, and many have been influenced by this. The outside influences can have a great effect. I have found thru experience that the principles that are in the bible have proved to be a difference maker when it comes to developing an relationship, as well as maintaining one. It encourages both Husband and wife to have deep love, and respect for one another. The attached link discusses the many issues that couples face, and effective answers.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/couples-parents/

• Members
mydeepestthoughts

Divorced is a really stressful event. No matter how prepared a person can be, it disrupts our emotional, and even our physical well being. Today the sanctity of the marriage bond has diminished greatly, and many have been influenced by this. The outside influences can have a great effect. I have found thru experience that the principles that are in the bible have proved to be a difference maker when it comes to developing an relationship, as well as maintaining one. It encourages both Husband and wife to have deep love, and respect for one another. The attached link discusses the many issues that couples face, and effective answers.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/couples-parents/

• Members
faithmcDaniel

I think I know you well. After a difficult divorce Utah, I quickly came to my senses and found the strength in me to change my life. I hardly suffered. Now I live in the best possible conditions, I do projects that I like, but I also really want love and understanding. Loneliness is cool, but it is also a heavy burden. I can advise you to visit public places, maybe you will meet someone there. Dating sites aren't the best place, but there are times when future strong couples get to know each other there. So just try it. But if these options are not for you, delve into yourself as a person. Maybe you should get creative?

• Members

I know what you mean about dating. I've never been much for that -- Usually have been friends with someone before a relationship.  I moved a year and a half ago and am extremely isolated. The idea of online dating scares me a lot.  I've tried to reconnect with old friends, including guy friends, and most of them (single guys) don't respond. Am reminding myself that's on them, not me.  But it is hard. Feels like rejection.  Am trying to figure this out, myself.  Before the relationship I did much better on my own. I think because it was an unwanted divorce, it's made it more difficult. I am one of those people who likes a certain amount of solitude or quiet, but this is different, it's isolation (way before the pandemic started).

Archived