Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

If you're recently divorced........

• Members

........try not to do a rebound relationship even though I know it's hard. Because I myself have never been divorced but about 5 years ago I was on the receiving end of being the "rebound guy", and it's just wrong to do that and the whole relationship was based on lies and trying to get back at her ex for cheating and walking out on them. It was an experience I will never forget and I learned alot from it all(mostly negative), and thank God the girl I finally did marry had no ex-husbands - no kids - and no baggage or drama to bring into my life. 

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

• Members

You can also find us by logging in to Facebook, searching for Beyond Indigo and clicking the "Pages" tab at the top of the search box. We're the only page in the search results so we're pretty easy to find. ;)

On our new page, we have added In Memorium which is the fan section dedicated to memorials of loved ones. We encourage members of our community to upload pictures of their loved ones. Here, you can share your memories and feelings with others.

• Members
lovemeagain13

I really need help. My husband left me 2 weeks ago he says to stop the arguing. All our arguing was over him not spending anytime with me or just sending a little text. I know he is cheating because he has done it before and did the same thing. I am devasteted that he can just foget me and not have any feelings. I need to be strong and let him go. I always try to text him or see him. He will sometimes text back but he wont come see me. We have had many problems but they could be so much worse. I can't eat , im losing dangerous weight and always feel sick. It feels like I have to know the truth is he cheating? The last time I caught him and her together and I was able to walk away and he came back to me. Even if he does come back this time I want to be stronger and not take him back. I have been with him for 23 yrs and he can just walk out with no remorse at all for my feelings..Why cant I let go? I know its because im still in love and he is not but I cant live with this much pain. It feels like im going to die. I believe in God , read the bible and pray every second of the day but still cant shake the feelings for anything. Someone please talk to me and help me get through this. I dont know what else to do and I have children to think about.

• Members
mercuryfalling79

@crispy

Life comes with "baggage." Always. People with baggage are still worth loving. No matter how beautiful or sweet she is, she WILL bring drama into your life. And guess what, you will bring drama into her's too. Life contains drama as a function of social dynamics. You have to accept the bitter with the sweet in life. Otherwise you are simply lying; to others, to her and most importantly to yourself.

• Members

Someone please talk to me and help me get through this. I dont know what else to do and I have children to think about.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this.

I'm a 37 year old dad and just beginning the divorce process.  I was completely caught off guard by when my wife filed for divorce but I guess she'd been seeing someone for the last 6 months or so of our marriage.  I'm completely lost.  We have two young children.  I work a lot and for the majority of our 1o year marriage my wife was at home with the kids.  My main concern is custody over our children.  I'm hoping for 50/50 custody but I'm scared the courts will lean in her favour because she's their mom.

Ive just gotten in touch with my lawyer.  I think you should do the same.  Do you know what your custody situation is going to be?

Archived