Check Our New Products In The Marketplace

Take Grieving.com on the Go!

Buy on Apple and Google Play
New Members - Check Your Spam/Junk Folder for Confirmation Email ×
Sign in to follow this  
SandyC

My Daughter

SandyC

My Daughter took an overdosse and passed on the 9th November 2013. She was battling with Bi-polar and was self medicating with all kinds of drugs. She has a 7yr old daughter (my Grand-daughter) who was not being fed and looked after properly. My Daughters driving on drugs was so unsafe for my grand-daughter and the teachers noticed she was running into the curb etc. One night she left my Grandy in a unit by herself while she went out to another unit to shoot up. At 2 am a man came down from the unit and knocked on the door of my sons unit saying there was a little girl asleep on his couch and her thought she was related to him. My son went up and it was my grand daughter. The man had just been released from prison and was a pediphile. This started the ball rolling for me and as I lived 4000 miles away I called Welfare and they removed my grand-daughter from her care. This is the hardest decision I have ever had to make,however I was so scared something horrible may have happened to my grandy if I had not have acted. I beat my self up every day eeling I had betrayed my daughter??? I know she was so deeply involved in drugs and couldn't care properly for her daughter and her xhusband would have been her next of kin. After 18 months my daughter my daughter was hardly seeing her daughter, even though she had orders through the court saying she could. She then took 400 tablets and went tosleep. Her suicide note blamed me for taking her little girl away from her. This is haunting me! I am running and am having emmense trouble coming to terms with her death. Has anyone had a similar problem? how did you come to have any form of peace? By the by mygrand-daughter is so very happy now, her faher has remarried and she has two siblings, doing well at school. I talk often with her on the phone.Did I do the right thing???? I'm feeling very low and don't know how to handle things. I loved my daughter.

sincerelysherry

Dear Sandy,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Daughter. God bless you. You absolutely did the right thing by looking out for your Granddaughter. You probably saved your Granddaughter's life. It was not your fault your Daughter took her life. Your daughter was responsible for her own life and her own actions. Whether she was born with the mental issues, or it was a life issue, she could not cope with life. That was evident with her turning to drugs. It was something within herself.

It is still so fresh for you. You are still grieving and you will the rest of your life. Your life will never be the same. The grieving process will be an unbearable roller coaster for a very long time. Time does help, but you will have an element of sadness probably always. Just know that it wasn't your fault. My heart breaks that you have had to go through this. We all have our burdens to bear and we all have our own life journeys and missions to complete. Your Daughter's mission here on Earth was complete and yours is still ongoing. Think how strong you are and what a compassionate, loving person you are going to be for those that are and will experience this same tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong.

Sincerely, Sherry

sincerelysherry

SandyC, just checking in on you to see how you are doing? I pray that you have found some peace and comfort and are beginning to heal. God bless you.

Sincerely, Sherry