Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of Mother

KAS

• Members

Really the only reason I'm on this site is because I needed to talk to someone who understands how it feels. But I don't understand how this site works??? I guess I just write about the situation to see if anyone went through the same thing and how they dealt with it.  My mom is dead and I can't get that thought out of my head. The death was self-imposed but I'm not furious at her for it because I'll never understand the emotions and thoughts racing through her head. I'm stuck as the only girl which I think is making it harder for me to cope with it. I just can't believe this person who I have lived my whole life with is now gone and I wish I could hug her and tell her I love her one last time 

• Members

Dear KAS,

I'm so sorry about your mom :(

It is right that you can write here.  Because you've written in the grieving teens section, I assume you are below twenty?  I haven't been a member here long but I don't see a lot of people writing in this section.  There are some teenagers writing in the "Loss of a Parent" threads and you may want to read through there to see some of what other people are experiencing.  You say her death was self-imposed so you may also want to read some people's threads in that section too.

Oh, KAS, it's such a difficult time that how you are feeling now is so very natural.  When did you lose your mom?

You say that you think because you're stuck as the only girl, it's making it harder for you.  Does this mean you have no one that you feel comfortable talking to?  I read another young girl respond to a thread in the Loss of a Parent section who said to really hold onto your friends.  Do you have a friend that you feel comfortable sharing with?  Is there a counsellor at your school?

It's a really hard, hurtful, painful time so please know that anything you feel is normal.  One of the only things that sometimes makes us not feel crazy, sometimes for a moment or two, is knowing that you're not alone in how you feel. 

Take some time and read some other people's experiences.  Maybe that will help you to at least understand what you're feeling.

Besides terrible pain :(

Be sure that when you are craving a hug from your mom, that you hug yourself and let yourself cry or be sad, or even be angry if that comes up.  But hug yourself because that's what she would want you to do.

<3

Archived